Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Patriarchal Blessing

"A thing done when thought of needs no more attention!"
That was a New Year's motto I had back in two thousand and somethin'.
Every time I open up my iPhoto I see the three pictures featured below. My eyes try to avoid them, but it never works. I look at them and then something reaches out and grabs me. It happens every time. Then I hear this nagging inside my head. "Are you ever going to put those on the blog," nag, nag, nag. Today I'm putting an end to the nagging. I've been listening to it for six months now!


Thinking back, Deserey was so excited to get her patriarchal blessing. And on April 6th no less. On April 6th, 180 years ago, a group of men and women, acting in obedience to a commandment of God, assembled in the house of Peter Whitmer to organize The Church of Jesus Christ of Later-day Saints.
Desi has such a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. She couldn't wait for this day and she prepared herself so diligently for it.  


Patriarch Jay Davis issued the blessing to her. It was beautiful.


After the blessing, I drove home thinking about all of my children. I decided to gather all of my children's patriarchal blessings together. I even dug out mine and Man With A Drill's. It was so interesting reading all of them.
Today I'm thankful for the Gospel and for blessings that give guidance to our lives.
There, no more nagging now! By the way, while this was really written and posted on October 16th, I'm placing it under the date it should have been posted!

No comments: