I've been researching foods that help with energy. I don't know about anyone else, but all this training makes me tired. The other day I stumbled onto a great recipe for gorp. At first glance I was like, "What in the heck is gorp? Are you wondering what gorp is? Gorp is a high energy blasting food designed to be portable. The fact is, gorp is just another word for trail mix. Some of you are not going to like this recipe. It's designed closer to the old fashioned kind of trail mix, the one with fewer fat and calories; the one "WITHOUT" chocolate. You can make your own energy-blasting gorp that's far healthier by combining the following.
1/2 cup Multi-Bran Chex with
2 tablespoons of dried cranberries and
a dozen almonds )about 1/2 ounce).
Makes 1 serving. Per serving: 229 cal, 5 g pro, 41 g carb, 8 g fat, 0.6 g sat fat, 0 mg chol, 6 g fiber, 196 mg sodium.
No comments:
Post a Comment