We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit. ~Aristotle
Siempre
paseo hacia la luz.
"And the
light which shineth, which giveth you light, is through Him that enlighteneth
your eyes, which is the same light which quickeneth your understandings."
D&C 88:11
I took this
picture in Bear Lake many years ago. It was just after Deserey went to
kindergarten. I can still see her climbing on the bus with her long brown
curls, and her book-bag slung on her shoulders. As the bus disappeared down the
street, I stood there and cried. Yup, like a big baby. I turned and walked up
the sidewalk and into the house. I remember thinking, "There goes my
job." With all of my kids grown and the last one off to school, I suddenly
foresaw the future. I decided right then and there to expand my career options.
I remember thinking that day, "What do I love to do." The next day I
went out and bought a Nikon.
My love for
photography has captured my heart all most as much as my children. For a
sentimentalist, owning a really good camera is a great way to stop time and keep it in a frame. I have a picture of each one of my kids climbing on the
school bus and I love looking back on those precious days.
The hardest
thing to capture in a photograph is the light and maybe that's why it intrigues
me so. It's the very reason I stopped one day on my way home from the Lake as I
passed this familiar winding road that takes you into Sunrise campground. It
rests right at the crest of the mountain just before you drop down into the
valley. The sun was setting that day and the last thing illuminated by its soft
descending light were the tops of the quakies. The scene was beautiful and
inviting, just looking at it drew me to it.
That's how
light is ---inviting. Darkness is not. Darkness is merely the absence of light.
So my heart tells me, "Siempre paseo hacia la luz." Always walk
towards the light!
I love
conference and since I listened to it over the weekend I've been choosing a
talk each day to listen to or read before I go to bed. It's been enlightening
to say the least.
Today's Talk: Elder James E. Faust, "The Light In Their
Eyes." and as my
friend "Pidge" always said upon any departure, to all of you,
"Love and Light!"

No comments:
Post a Comment