Friday, April 2, 2010

Great Birthday Bash!


I started a new tradition. I decided since I'm the camera woman, 
I'm going to snap a good birthday picture when someone's birthday rolls around.


Just before the party started, 
I drug some unsuspecting people up in my game room to practice.



I snapped a couple of pictures of each one and called it good.


I love taking pictures. I love everything a photograph entails!


Gavin complained like crazy that I have started yet, another tradition and on his birthday no less.
 "Don't we have enough traditions, mom," was his snide remark. 
I wanted to take his picture outside but you can see how far I got with that idea.
Finally he just sat down on the little kid chair and said, "Take my picture." 
Look Gavin, how nice you look.
See you love my new tradition! 



After everyone got their picture taken Winston jumped up on the stool. 
I think he felt left out. 
I laughed so hard because just as I snapped the picture, he stuck his tongue out.
Maybe that was his cool expression for the photograph.


If you don't know by now, the Crowther's know how to party. 
All the boys about a week ago, at the spur of the moment, decided to invest in these toy trucks. 
Gavin's birthday was just another excuse to get outside and race.





Everyone has gone truck ballistic!



Even Glade wants one. 


They come over with their trucks and see who can break one first.
Kelson was so proud of himself, he cleared the ditch without bustin' up his truck!
I must admit it was pretty spectacular.


It was a little chilly so the audience had to bundle up!



After racing in the front yard, everyone moved to the back.


Gage was on a trip to Washington, but trust me. He's in on this racing business too.
Even Kyle broke down and bought one the other day. 
The pressure was so great.



Geronimo hates these little high pitched screaming machines. 
Now the game is to race your truck without the dog chewing it up!


It doesn't take more than ten minutes or so and some one's truck is busted.
Seth smashed his on the curb in the yard about 8 minutes out.
You should see them all cry like babies when one gets broken.



It's all pretty entertaining. 
They have a fan club that follows them everywhere!


Time spent with family no matter what the occasion 
is a special time that means just about everything to me.
I get a kick out of Gavin on his birthday. 
He is just a big kid on the inside, just like his mother.



I have a wonderful family. Every time I have them together 
and I take a picture, I realize it more and more!


Everyone has their own unique personality that contributes to quite a smorgus-board of fun!
As soon as Baylee saw me with the camera, she stuck up her hand and said, "Hi!"
Yup, she's a Crowther all right, friendly and fun!



Gifts are what it's all about when it's your birthday! Nothing like a good birthday gift. 
What's that saying? "The difference between men and boys, is the size of their toys!"
Now Gavin has a truck and a plane. 
We lack for no entertainment around here!


Gavin loves fish. He had a scruffy tank so he decided to give it to Spencer, fish and all.
Goose, being the all time fish man himself,  decided to get all those who would chip in, 
to raise enough dough so he could buy Gavin a really awesome tank.
It was a big surprise!



You can see by the grin on Gavin's face, he's just a tiny bit excited! 
We might be birds around this nest, but we love fish too!


We were all having a good time, when Seth made Baylee cry.
It's hard to see those little people on the ground!
Way to go Seth! We forgave him since he's the master kid entertainer normally!



It was a fun party as always. 
We end all of our birthday parties the same, it's tradition. 
We play, open gifts, sing, take the family picture and eat cake and ice cream.
The kids love singing Happy Birthday.


Corbin can't wait.


Well, family of mine. It was another great party. 


To finish the night off, Seth decided to give ALL the kids a piggy back ride,
and he decided to do it All at once.
Oh there was a lot of laughter as he raced through the house trying not to lose one.
Eden had to hang on for dear life, being the tail ender!

Did I tell you I have the greatest family ever. Well, I do!
I love you all!!!
Happy Birthday Gavin! We love you!
Thanks for giving us a reason to celebrate!!!

No comments: