Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The 1/2 Marathon Must Haves

Thanks to Susan Wade and her Hopscotch Designs business, I now have a new way to carry my iPhone on my run. I got tired of the arm band that I had been using to hold my iPhone and wanted something that felt a little less restrictive. Goose had this pouch that sort of fit my iPhone. I kyped it and started wearing it, stuffing my iPhone in it and pinning it to my sports bra. It wasn't long and the pinning of the pouch got old. An ingenious idea struck me one day and I called up Susan, told her my ideas and she designed this little pouch that works like a charm and it's cute to boot!



It only cost 15.00 dollars and is the most practical piece of equipment to carry my tunes and a phone in case I need to make an emergency call. The back of the pouch has a velcro strip that attaches around either side of my sports bra. I love it so much I'm going to have her make me another one to leave in Bear Lake.




Thanks Susan! Check out her cute purses and all of the other cute things she makes @ Hopscotch Designs!


Packing stuff when you are running gets to be a pain. If I'm doing serious milage though, there are those items that are a must-have! I just have ta' have it with me. I thought about ordering this shoe wallet the other day because it's convenient and the best part is it carries the Nike iSport sensor. Since I can't wear Nike shoes and I have a sensor, I think I'd like one of these. Check out the shoewallet.  I've decided I'm going to call Susan and have her make me one. I'll post it when she gets it done!




Here's another little goodie you might want to try. Its called the "Measure Up Bowl." Portion control is such a huge part of losing weight and keeping it off.  In fact, portion control is what allows me to have a little bit of what I want and stay sane. Portion control is NOT easy, nor is it always convenient. That's where this little bowl comes in handy. The serving sizes (1/4 cup, 1/2 cup, and 3/4 cup) are clearly marked within the bowl! The bowl is microwave and dishwasher safe and is made of porcelain. Check it out the Measure Up Bowl.



Now I scoffed at the next item until I fully realized it's potential. It's the Record-O-Clip. Imagine my surprise when I discovered this magnetic clip that holds up to 16 seconds of audio sounds or spoken word. Now you can put your own audio reminder on that irresistible bag of chips. Imagine the potential? You could put some clever message on it like, "PUT THE CHIPS DOWN! BACK AWAY FROM THE CHIPS! NO CHIPS FOR YOU FATTY!" I thought of buying two one for the chips and one to go on the fridge door. INGENIOUS! Check it out, Record-O-Clip.


                                             
The last thing you simply must by and this is for reals --- Neutrogena Sport Face spf 70. I hope people realize Bear Lake Sun is WICKED sun, so come prepared or you will most certainly return to your home ---burned! And I mean burned! 
I recently went to the skin doctor to have some pre-cancerous patches taken off my face. This is what living in the sun as a kid did to me. Mother's put sun screen on your kids everyday! The effects of the sun are brutal on us, but often times we don't realize it until the damage has been done. The point is my skin doctor (a woman) told me her number one choice of skin products is Neutrogena, she said (and I quote,) "It's what I use!" I took her word for it and tried Neutrogena sport face and I love it. It doesn't sting, burn, or run. I use it all the time now when I'm out on the road! Check it out in any of you local stores.

3 comments:

Jason and Susie said...

Thanks for the shout out! I'm so happy that you love your Iphone case!!! It was fun to design and make and any excuse to play with material is a good one!

Unknown said...

HA HA HA HA HA! Stay out of the chips fatty! I like that one!

Gavin said...

I would record something like....What the hell are you doing running a marathon....eat me!