Wednesday, April 21, 2010

There Was An Old Woman Who Lived In A Shoe!


I have this problem, ok, maybe more like a bad habit. I like to kick my shoes off in the bathroom. It seems ridiculous that I'd only have to walk two more feet to put them away inside my closet, but for the life of me, I just can't make it that far! The sad thing is, I could walk in my closet every day for a month and pull out a different pair of shoes and even if I never put a single pair back, I still wouldn't run out of shoes to kick off at the end of the day. I'm a woman, a woman with a lot of shoes.
Today I walked in my bathroom, took one look at the floor and started laughing. I decided to count all the shoes that were strewn in front of the tub. I'm surprised Man With A Drill hasn't tripped and fallen, breaking some serious part of his body. It had to be dangerous trying to climb through and step over all those shoes to get to the tub. Man With A Drill is a patient guy! He hasn't said a word to me for well over a week, and it had to have been painfully annoying. I love him for that!
I decided I should record the day in living color before I put them all away. The sight could be seriously shocking to anyone who walks in and sees my clean floor. I was so ambitious I even vacuumed and shook the rugs.
I wondered if someone could tell what kind of personality I have just by looking at my shoes? Part of me wants to get every shoe I own out and take a picture! For now though, just know tonight my shoes are all safely tucked away in their boxes, at least for a day or two, and then I'll probably start the whole process all over again!
 

3 comments:

Nicole Burton said...

It okay to admit the shoes in the bathroom. I like to throw my clothes next to my hamper and not in it... and my husband leaves clothes all around the house. SO we are weird just like you :P hehe

Erin said...

I expecially like the 4th of July shoes.

Unknown said...

Shoes! I forgot how I used to love shoes! Now Kate has taken over my shoe fettish.