Saturday, April 17, 2010

And The Winner Is!

 I couldn't resist posting these pictures.  Especially when I have great news!!! In case you are wondering who won the elections, Des is one happy girl!! Congratulations Des, you are going to make a great student body officer for the wolf pack!


The other night Des got all ready for Morp. Morp is a crazy, crazy dance held every year at the school. It's a girls choice dance so Des did the asking.  This year the theme for the dance was, "All Geeked Up."

When Des came strolling downstairs all dressed in her "Geek" outfit I thought I was looking at me thirty years ago. Those glasses on her face belong to me. I wore those big honkin' things everyday! Just so you know, they make a great bug shield if you are on a bike!



 I think they're cute, what do you think? I think I was a geek . . .


Well Des, you look cute no matter what you wear. The Pocahontas book bag was the finishing touch! Des thought this up. She carried all of her necessities in it. Way to use your noggin' Des! You are a very smart geek!



This is Desi's bestest' friend in the whole wide wonderful world. Aubs and Des have been bosom friends since the beginning of time. I just know from watching these girls they fraternized in heaven! These two girls are seriously joined at the hip! Where you see one, you will always see the other. As Anne of Green Gables would say, "They are kindred spirits!" Amazingly enough, they also will have served together as officers for all 6 years of their junior high and high school experience. I think that is really a complement to the both of them and to the way their piers view their friendship. Not even a school would split these girls up!
There is nothing better than to travel through life with a best friend, someone you can always count on through thick and thin! And as you can see from the picture, when they're both together there is a lot of giggling going on!
Congratulations to both of them for winning office, more so I'm so proud of how they treat each other as friends! They are a great example of caring for the other more than caring for themselves.  Have fun at the dance you silly geeks!

3 comments:

Nancy Mc said...

Conrats! To Des! Those 2 aren't Geek looking...it's what was in a 'few' years back:)

TheDooleys4 said...

Those are the cutest "geeks" I've ever seen! Congrats Des!

Unknown said...

Des, you made four little smiles and one big one at this house! Cute pics!