Monday, March 8, 2010

We're Open For Business!


Everything in life is funner when you have someone to share it with! Look at us practicing our photography. That day, just before I turned to leave, I saw our reflections in Kaedell's pane glass window. I couldn't resist snapping a picture, a priceless memory of the day.
We were shooting pictures of everything that day. Eden had a little apple she was packing around and I think Kaedell and I took over a hundred pictures of her. Kaedell and I share a passion for photography. I can't tell you how fun and rewarding it is having my daughter to learn and grow with in the art of taking pictures. It makes all the difference. 
Some time ago, after taking a class on lighting, I made a discovery, I realized my game room above my garage has great natural light flowing into it. I hate flash photography and I love the look natural light brings to a photograph. Also, I'm not a great fan of portrait photography in the winter.  Shooting outside is no fun when you're trying to snap this great picture and everyone's face turns red, and your camera freezes up! 
Frustrated, one day I hauled Spencer up in my game room and took his picture. I've got lots of windows in that room and three sky lights. I quickly discovered the lighting is beautiful up there, soft and natural right smack dab in the middle of the day, no less.  I was so excited when Spencer's picture turned out beautiful. After that, I started hauling more people up there. 
Soon Kaedell jumped on the band wagon too, "Mom, can I bring someone over for pictures?"   "Sure", I said, "It beats the heck out of standing outside fighting all the elements." And with that more ideas started to flow into my head.
A few weeks ago two things happened that jump started this ingenious plan. Kiddie Kandids went out of business, and Kaedell, got tired of my pioneer methods of taping sheets to the wall, and brought over Aimee's back drop. Aimee is Kaedell's sister in law, she's a great photographer and our shutter buddy! She's our mentor! We love you Aimee!
After watching Kaedell use Aimee's back drop I told Kaedell we need to service all those people who no longer have the ability to stroll to the mall and get their kid's picture taken. 
Kaedell jumped all over the idea and the next thing I knew we were buying equipment together.
Well, folks we're open for business!
We haven't picked a name yet, but I jokingly thought to myself, if "Kiddie Kandids" was good "Kandid Kids"ought to be better --- hahahha, for right now, just bring your kid over and get a picture. The deals are good, and I guarantee you'll go home with far more than you did with Kiddie Kandids.
Our email, is located on the side of the blog under "Birdy Boxes". Just click on the name and you can contact us.

3 comments:

Gavin said...

Well if you ever need pictures of an amazingly hansom man just give me a call.

Mother Bird said...

I did, get your butt over here! Time to start my new tradition! Hahhahaha

Papa Bird said...

Great Idea you two, Good luck and I know thqt you'll do great cause your pictures ore the best......You always seem to capture just a little more than average....I know that faye hates average....Which must be why she married me,,,right faye?...I mean how much more above average can you get??????Ha ha