(Struggling with a slight stress fracture in my right foot, biking has really helped!)
The following regimen assumes you can run three miles, three to four times per week.
Check with your doctor and make sure you are in good physical condition before beginning this program. This schedule was taken from Hal Higdon's half marathon training program.
Week 1:
Wed: Stretch & Strengthen =(S&S)
Thurs: 3 mile run (3 mr)
Fri: 2 mile run or cross train =(2 mr or c)
Sat: 3 mile run + strength =(3 mr + s)
Sun: REST =(R)
Mon: 30 min. cross =(30 mn c)
Tues: 4 mile run =(4 mr)
Week 2: (by now you can understand the lingo)
W: S&S
Th: 3 mr
F: 2 mr + c
Sa: 3 mr + s
Su: R
M: 30 mn c
Tu: 4 mr
Week 3: (by now you can figure out the day)
S&S
3.5 mr
mr or c
3.5 mr + s
R
40 mn c
5 mr
Week 4:
S&S
3.5 mr
2 mr or c
3.5 mr + s
R
40 mn c
5 mr
Week 5:
S&S
4 mr
2 mr or c
4 mr + s
R
40 mn. c
Week 6
S&S
4 mr
2 mr or c
4 mr + s
R or easy run
R
Do a 5K
Week 7
S&S
4.5 mr
3 mr or c
4.5 mr
R
50 mn c
7 mr (this is a biggie)
Week 8
S&S
4.5 mr
3 mr or c
4.5 mr
R
50 mn c
8 mr (am I going to die?)
Week 9
S&S
5 mr
3 mr or c
5 mr + S
R or easy run
R
Do a 10 K
Week 10
S&S
5 mr
3 mr or c
5 mr + s
R
60 mn c
9 mr
Week 11
S&S
5 mr
3 mr or c
5 mr + s
R
60 mn c
10 mr
Week 12
S&S
4 mr
3 mr or c
2 mr
R
60 mn c
5 mr
Week 13
2 mr
Rest
Rest
HALF MARATHON
Anyone who has a better plan, send it to me ASAP!

5 comments:
WAHOO for you! I so wish I could do it with you too (stinkin' Wisconsin and just having a baby). It seems like there is so much that cramps my style. Your training schedule looks good! You will love it! It really is one of the best feelings in the world. It was also very spiritually inspiring to me too! I hope Tate really does it with you. So much of it is in your attitude and mind. You go girl!!! Love you and miss you!
Uh-where is the training for being able to run the first 3 miles?/+)*%@$#%#&@*#@ Maybe I should shoot for the 10k eh-or water girl?
Breyn, will you be our trainer? WE need your help! Hahahhah BAD!!!!!
Megan, You need to take over Jay Leno's job! Ok, girl I sent you your first three mile training.
Go get em' Faye!!!!
I am glad you are doing the Bear Lake run. I followed Hal Higdon's Half Marathon Novice schedule and it was great. I highly recomend it. Good look with your training and your injury.
Post a Comment