Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fun in February!

Another month come and gone. I am looking forward to March and more importantly--SPRING!!! I don't know about everyone else but we are tired of being indoors all the time. I have a strong case of spring fever! We didn't do much during the month of February, but here are a few highlights.
Went to Time Out for Women with my mom and Emy. It was an amazing weekend. My favorite violinist Jenny Oake Baker was the featured artist on Thursday night. I could listen to her play forever. I loved all of the inspiring speakers and can hardly wait to go again next year. It was so uplifting!!!
We try to go and visit Grandma Blanch as often as we can. A few weeks ago my mom was watching Corbin and Eden and asked them if they wanted to go with her to take dinner to Grandma Blanch. Corbin looked up at my mom and said, "Is she still alive?"--Don't you love the things kids say? We had a fun visit with Grandma. I just had to take some pictures and she hates having a camera in her face. "Why would anyone want a picture of this ugly old lady?" I kept telling her that she has always been beautiful to me. I love her and hope she sticks around as long as she can.
Art Project--We made these Dinosaurs out of paper plates and construction paper. Corbin and Eden LOVED painting them.I started teaching Corbin how to play the piano in September. He is doing great and completed his first book a few weeks ago. I LOVE teaching him and it is so fun to see him learning and practicing. I can't say that it is easy though. I have to really be dedicated and sit with him every day while he practices and learns new songs. We have fun and if there are silly words to the song then he always wants me to sing along while he plays. We usually end up laughing. Great job Corbin! I am so proud of you. Keep working hard and you are going to be really good someday!
I love you!

This is usually how it starts out. All business and very focused.This is usually how it ends up. Laughing and being silly. Once it gets to this point, there is no going back to serious and focused.

Sleeping Beauty--I was playing the piano one day and Eden crawled up on the chair and just fell alseep. Ahh...the sound of silence is bliss once in awhile:)-I love the light in this picture.

Fun weekend at Bear Lake!

The kids are ready to go outside and play--please come soon Spring!!!:)

2 comments:

Mother Bird said...

Wow, I just love the monthly updates. I think that is my favorite thing to see on the blog. Can't wait to hear Corbin play me a song. Cute, cute pictures!

Goose said...

Cute pics bug! Ol Corbeaner looks like the next Mozart! Ill be his agent...