Wednesday, March 24, 2010
UPS Benefits!
The other day I heard the doorbell. When I opened up the door there stood the UPS man. He's a regular at my house, always showing up with one thing or another. I don't know who shops on the internet more, me or Goose.
It's always a pleasant experience when the big brown truck stops out in front of my house. Sometimes I'll even walk out and meet him if I'm anticipating something good coming from his truck. He had a grin on his face when I opened the door and he handed me the box. He pointed to the the red writing and smiled.
"Hi Mom", he queried?
I started laughing. Oh it tickled me to see those two little words written in red. It could only mean one thing! Mr. UPS was taken with my apparent cheerful glee over it all. Then I asked him if he knew what that special little note, hand written just for me, meant. He shook is head obviously unaware of how it had gotten there.
I looked at him and asked him if he knew who loaded his truck.
"Nope", he said "But whoever he is, he sure does a good job."
"It's my son, silly!" I chuckled as I said it.
"And if you are lucky enough to have my son loading your truck, then you're deliveries just got easier!"
He complimented Seth again on his abilities to organize his load and walked away nodding his head.
After admiring the note forever, envisioning Seth with his red marker writing on it a at 3 o'clock in the morning, (that's what time your UPS trucks are loaded,) I opened the box. I can't even remember what was inside it, but I wanted to save the brown package forever. I'm so sentimental!
I took a picture instead and then filled the box with nerd jelly beans and sent it to Corinne! Well, it was only right that the box ought to be sent on to someone who would truly appreciate it. Since her and Seth are cousins and grew up being best friends, I figured she'd get a kick out of it too.
A UPS job that starts when the rest of the world sleeps works good for Seth and his schedule with school, Ahhhhhh, but it works even better for me . . . the mom, cause now besides getting great packages, I also get cute notes! I Love you Seth, Keep those little messages coming! They sure brighten up my day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That little brown box made me very happy as well :) In my case, I just pretended it said, "Hi Corinne" and then thought how nice that was of Seth to send me a hello :) You get the best of both worlds...packages in the mail AND personal hand written notes on them....lucky!!
Thanks again a million times over for the jelly beans!! love ya.
How sweet! I hope that my boys can be that nice to me when they're older. :)
That is adorable!
You know when I first saw the package I wqs so proud of Seth ..That he would take just a minute to send his Mom a note saying Hi .That is what makes him a special person.He really has a third sense about peoples feelings I think he gets that from his Mom....In any case Way to go Seth!!!!!!
Post a Comment