Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Begin Today
These pictures might not seem like much to anyone who sees them. To me however they mean a great deal. I took the above picture at 5:00 am. The picture below was taken shortly after. This heart rock is actually the size of a chair, and yes I sat here every morning at the end of my long run along the beach in Maui, Hawaii.
Last May we took a trip to this tropical island. It was a time in my life when I was struggling with some very hard personal things. Growth and learning come to each of us differently and I didn't realize that sometimes the Lord drives us into hard places of learning so that we can become what he needs us to become.
Something broke loose in me at this time in my life as I learned things I had never learned in ways I never thought I could learn them.
The picture of the heart rock is a long story of God's hand being extended directly towards me and with it, how much He loves me. Every morning on my trip, at five a.m. I sat here in these two places, I prayed here in these two places, and I prepared here, to live my life differently.
Since last May, I have been working hard to make myself, spiritually, physically, and mentally stronger in keeping with the wisdom that came to me at this time in my life. Today the spiritual side of this journey touches me in a way I can't describe.
These two pictures motivate me like no other! I thought they were appropriate, since today I begin a goal I set nearly a year ago.
For anyone who might read this, maybe the stray blog lurker who wanders by, you've got to know, if you fail to see the spiritual in this life, you are foolish and ignorant.
I mean that with every ounce of my heart, not in a mean way, but in a way that makes me feel sorry for any one that has not fully arrived at the greatest truth ever found ---THE TRUTH THAT LIFE IS SPIRITUAL ---it doesn't matter if you recognize it or not, your lack of recognition doesn't change the fact ---it just changes what you encompass and enjoy!
The very BEST of life LIES in the SPIRITUAL, and if you do not fully discern this, you are missing the entire reason for living!
Life is an amazing spiritual gift to us, and to travel through it without this deepened understanding is a great travesty!
Today the official training for my 1/2 marathon begins and this goal for me is totally spiritual! It is a push to call the physical under the will of the spiritual! Strengthening the body requires the spirit to govern. Spirit and body united is a total strengthening of the soul!
The body is nothing without the spirit to guide it, and while most think I'm strengthening my my body for a race, in reality it is my spirit that is getting the intense work out! My goals in this life have changed and it is the vision of seeing life with greater spirituality, governing the spirit, that is what motivates me today.
I'm happy others have joined in the quest. I love the people that have joined with me in the struggle to better self! All of us are struggling to improve ourselves --- are we not? So together today we lock arms and begin a goal that requires us to stretch ourselves inside and out! I can't wait!
Now for some of you maybe this 13.1 mile trek might be just a small thing. Let me make myself clear, IT IS NO SMALL THING TO ME! Everyday I worry whether I can finish. Everyday I worry if it's too big and too much for me, and everyday I work toward a goal that is supremely difficult for me. Over coming self ---is always difficult!
Yesterday, in preparation for training, I was on my bike for the first time this spring. My legs burned the whole entire time. It was all my spirit could do to push my limbs in keeping a pace I felt was strengthening them.
It was late in the evening, just as the sun hung low in the west. I rode down through blossom, a place I haven't been to in years. Next time I'm going with my camera, there are some great shots of life I want to capture!
I had my itunes playing, and as my wheels carried me further and further away from home, I spent a long time contemplating life in-between trying to breath. Assessing life, what it means, and how I can improve it are great thoughts to ponder while your heart is pumping hard. You can do a lot of thinking on a bike and as the road wound it's way down through grass ladened pastures leaving wood and brick dwellings further and further behind, my mind got a good work out along with my body.
When I finished the ten miles, my legs were quivering from the strain, but my head was invigorated from the workout. The ride, was intensely rewarding and I've learned that straining brings wisdom to every muscle including the heart and the brain. I have a long way to go to improve my stamina and did I tell you, I love exercising!
Cheers to our official day of beginning! "Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try."
I'm so excited as we prepare to master a goal that will surely bring us a satisfying reward! By the way, just so you can all prepare early ---next year I'm doing the Bonneville Cycling Club's "Little Red Riding Hood"! Isn't life great. I'll be on a bike, so maybe "Man with a drill " can join in. Oh wait, it's for women only. Ok girls, any takers? Megan you could design our costumes!
Today STRETCH AND STRENGTHEN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Hawaii=Paradise...
Lets go back
Faye - I am pretty sure that I will be there too!! At the half that it is (although I wish is it was hawaii) I reserached yesterday and I am calling my sister-in-law today to see if we can get their condo :)
-Robynn
Mom, I think I will take the plunge and do it! I ran 3 miles today and it felt good. My S&S day will be tomorrow because I have to work. Do I really want to do this and inflict pain and torture upon myself?
I guess what doesn't kill ya makes ya stronger right????? If anything, I'll be with good company and hopefully get in better shape:)
My Costume/T-shirt will say..."I leaned my huff and puff from the Mamathon 1/2 marathon 2010-Watch out Little Red!" (no guarantess I will survive that adventure yet-so no over achieving by me this time)
Post a Comment