Saturday, March 6, 2010

Photography My True Love


Some things you just want to get better and better at. So it is with me every time I pick up a camera. I love photography with all my heart and soul! I just don't understand why I had to develop this love so late in life. My age hinders me now and that makes me want to cry. I'm so excited when I learn anything new in the art of photography. Learning however takes time and when you are my age it takes even more time.  Good grief (sigh), I don't have that much time. If I could have the full realm of say . . . 25 more years to take great pictures, well, that's not enough time to master the art! Mastering any art takes a life time and I got started way too late! I sure hope there are camera's up in heaven.
Last night I couldn't sleep. In the wee hours of the morning, I came up and found a few pictures to edit and play around with. There is something so breath taking about the human soul. When I take pictures like the one above and I zoom in on the eyes, oh (heavy breath) those eyes, I can see right into the human heart, it's an incredible thing. And when I do, I see my Father in Heaven and I see His work! Even in a picture the human spirit is alive and magnificently visible. I think this is why I love photography, because it calls to me from my heavenly home.  It speaks to me of a life long before this one, and when I finish with the editing and the effects of softening and changing the image, I see the ability to soften, enhance, and perfect the image in myself as well. Photography is deeply spiritual! That's why I love it!
Every time I learn and grow in the art of photography I want to go back and take every single picture all over again. I took some pictures of Missy and Baylee a long time ago and I know why I have avoided editing them --- it's because I am disappointed in my work. So many of the images are not focused just right. By the time I had looked through 50 images last night, I was growling and snarling something fierce. I kept trying to find a good one to edit for Missy and the pickins' were slim. I get so frustrated (grrrrr). I did find this sweet shot. The girls are beautiful, the photography . . . um I don't know? I'm a hard critic on myself. But I'm here to tell you one thing . . . I'm going to get better at this thing if it kills me!

1 comment:

Papa Bird said...

Well I'm sure that I am not the greatest of people to judge what is good and what is average in anything that is art related. But I do know have my own opinion of what I think is a great Pic, and once again Faye you are way too modest in your opinion of your shots.......The one you have here is GREAT !! It really is one for the Wall of Fame..not only are the subjects beautiful but your talent in capturing them is also Beautiful!!!! I love for sharing yours on the blog with us... Papabird