Thanks to Tessa at work, I've discovered a new recipe I absolutely love. White Bean Chicken Chile. It's simple to make and delicious. I guarantee your family will rave over it.Start with 2 cans of canned chicken or cook up and shred four or five chicken breasts. In a nice big pan then add two cans of each, white navy beans, white cannelloni beans, and garbanzo beans. You don't need to drain them although I do some because I like my Chile a little thicker. Also add a can of Cream of Chicken soup, one can of green Chile enchilada sauce, one to two cans of chopped green chilies (mild or hot depending on your like) and then fill to the top with half and half. I like to add some chicken bullion but that is again your preference. I also like to add a big fat tablespoon of butter, especially when I'm in the biggest loser contest! Also don't forget to salt and pepper to taste. Now just bring up the temperature and cook it a bit. Be sure not to burn the bottom. Because of the half and half it scorches easily, so keep and eye on it.
Once the mixture is heated and close to being served add a couple of cups of shredded Monterrey jack cheese to the soup and stir it in. Then when you serve it, do so with a dollop of sour cream in each bowl along with more cheese sprinkled on top. Just a side note - if the Chile seems a little runny, I thicken it with some flour and milk ( like when you make gravy) right before I had the cheese.
I've served this twice now to my family and both times it was a big hit. It's now a Crow's Nest favorite!
1 comment:
I'm one of the big fans...it is good and I wish we had some right now...Hint-Hint
Post a Comment