Thursday, March 12, 2009

I Love Taking Pictures







I guess it comes as no surprise that I luuuuuve taking pictures! I've been taking some classes and really working at it. Photography is a large subject with much to learn and I swear I have a small brain and very little space to store all that information. I wish I would have started this pursuit twenty years ago, because my age throws me a definite learning curve. But I just have to say, something has snapped in me; I just can't get enough of it. I've gone stir crazy over photography. I'm having a total love affair with my computer and my camera (sorry Glade.) I've been spending all my time with my Nikon, serious, it goes everywhere with me. I have it in my hand every single solitary chance I get and if it's not my camera in hand then it's a photography book. In fact anymore that's all I do, and my house is a wreck to prove it. Oh well, my wreck of a house is not going to heaven with me right? But knowledge is, so I'm getting more of it. I had eight kids and I've waited my whole life for some sort of worthy pursuit besides changing diapers. Wow, I've found my love at last! I had the greatest day on Tuesday. It started out with my photography class, and then after it was over I got to travel to the Utah State Capitol and capture some pictures of the most beautiful girl. I even drug Kaedell along after our class. I was so excited she could go with me. Her nickname is "Bug" and now she's my "Shutterbug!" Going to the capitol to take pictures is no easy feat. First you have to file this giant barrage of paper work, obtain insurance that covers the entire state of Utah, schedule an hour weeks in advance (and just pray they give you the date and time you need), then you have to jump off the Empire State Building, land on your feet, and not shed any B negative blood. Ok, so the last part about jumping is not true; but it feels like it it's true, trust me, what a pain! I am so happy to report however that seeing cute Jennica in the lens of my camera while standing inside the capitol was worth every ounce of annoyance I went through to get there. Jenn is just a gorgeous girl inside and out and taking her picture in that place was pure excitement! I know Kadie had fun too. She had the cushy job, you know the one where you stand over on the side and capture the best shots there are, all the candid ones. I do want to say though, the capitol is a beautiful setting for a bride in a angelic trailing white gown! Toward the end of our time together we decided to walk outside and take a few shots. Just as Jenn, stepped down the front stairs there on the South side of the building, I suddenly saw this flag billowing in the glass behind her. I nearly started balling right then and there. I was born on the 4th of July and I am a die hard patriot and a total flag waving girl. I can't look at a flag or sing the national anthem without blubbering like the biggest baby you've ever seen. Something in my heart just breaks loose sending a thousand tears right to my little brown eyeballs. I love my country so deeply and I can't look at a flag and not think of the men who died so that I could live in a blessed free land. Well, the last picture is 'SO' my favorite, but only because my blood really bleeds red, white and blue! Jennica, makes a beautiful American Bride doesn't she? Thanks for letting me take your picture Jenn, it was awesome. I'm only sad I didn't take a picture of your mom underneath your dress staging my reflection in the pond shot. That was hilarious. What mother's don't do for their daughters!

1 comment:

Kaedell Ellis said...

Beautiful Pics MOM!--I had so much fun being your sidekick that day. I hope you'll take me along every time!!! Where are some of the ones I took? That was a fun photo shoot with a gorgeous bride!
Kadie-AKA-"Shutterbug"--I like the twist on my nickname:)