Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Here's The Dirt

I was thinking today, there are certain tools in my life I just cannot do without. For some strange reason this triggered pondering about the pioneers and their meager wagons filled with a few sparse belongings. Well, if I were a Pioneer about to cross the planes, this item would have to be the first thing I put in my hand cart. Maybe that’s what made me shutter to think it probably hadn’t been invented yet and therefore I would have had to go without. I’m sure that’s why I told God I needed to wait and come to earth a little later. I would have never cut it as a pioneer; I simply could not live with out my Eureka Boss vacuum.







Roll your eyes and shake your head all you want, if you have never owned a Eureka Boss vacuum then you simply cannot relate to me! What planet do you live on?

I can thank my sister, the White Tornado’s blood daughter for the introduction. Just like my mother, my sister Nancy is the cleaning queen and she introduced me to my love affair with the Boss. Don’t you see, all us Blanch girls come from the loins of the "White Tornado" and our mother wrote the book on cleaning! So I knew my sister had found gold when she showed me this little awesome power tool.

Oh, even I had to learn things the hard way, I was foolish enough to think I could switch to another brand when my first little Boss wore itself right out. I still can’t believe I made the grave mistake of buying a different brand. Slap me silly, I used it twice and promptly gave it to the DI! That is one mistake I will never make again, and I’m here to tell you, if Eureka ever stops making this little world class wonder, I’ll shrivel up and die!




You can vacuum everything with this thing. There is never a day that goes by that I don’t use it. From sucking up crumbs and hairballs in a myriad of drawers to any floor in the house, it’s primo! I especially love it for my hardwood floors, not to mention stairs and baseboards. But it’s also a great pick-er-upper for the carpet when I don’t want to get out the big guns, not to mention how great it works on my kitchen rugs.

You only have one life to live, it’s your life, be a fool and never own one if you want, I’ll just say I told you so when your house doesn’t pass the white glove test!

3 comments:

TheDooleys4 said...

Faye~You've won and award! Check my blog!

Papa Bird said...

I have only one thing to say about this little wonder...that is that they should have added one very important feature on it..It should be able to put itself away....I love my wife but I sware she is trying to kill me by leaving that little wonder bug everywhere but where it should be..like in the doorway, in middle of the kitchen,of just as you enter the bathroom.It drives us all nuts. Faye says she does it on purpose so we will put it away for her,...but someone should tell her to give it up,itss just not happening......We are all just to lazy !!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree this is a mighty tool to have in the house. I love mine! And pops, you better watch yourself at our house too, ours tends to stay out longer than it should sometimes :)