Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Journal Excerpts Week #2 The Biggest Loser

The image to the left continues to reflect my deep seeded feelings on losing weight. Seth came over last week and informed me that I never spell lose correctly. It's because I want to add more "O's" to the word. I think it's symbolic of "O" I hate this so bad! I thought by now this whole thing on learning to eat differently would get easier but after my war with Glade on Saturday night over how much of a five thousand calorie burrito we should eat, I don't think so. By the way, I'm not the only one who is struggling with eating next to nothing and not losing much weight. Seth has been downstairs doing Jane Fonda video's, lifting weights, running until sweat drips everywhere, (Ok, so I'm kidding about the Jane Fonda video's.) But his little scanty meals and his exercising all day long was really depressing to me until I heard him in the bathroom yelling and gnashing his teeth because he gained three pounds. (Oh, gleeful smile get off my face, the weight God's are with me!) Then there's Kyle. . . I"m a little worried about Kyle. Kyle is one of those people who is sneaky when it comes to losing weight. He doesn't say much, feigns innocence at every breath, but then when you are not looking he steps onto the scale and gets off grinning! I was so happy he did release information that let us all know he's been skipping lunch. That's just like him to be sneaky hard core, skipping meals - the dog! Oh, I'm to weak for that. I'm just trying to skip the candy, not the whole entire meal. I'm also worried because Kaedell is not in the contest but she is cracking the whip on Kyle (greedy girl, she wants the money, I just know it!) Kelson on the other hand is eating like a pig and still loosing weight. I keep putting candy and cupcakes laden with fat in the drawer and he spends much of his time consuming it all at every turn and he's still loosing weight. Some things in life just aren't fair! He and Seth even had Nacho's with extra cheese at the Jazz game. Seth said Kelson was licking the bowl like an Ethiopian child that hadn't seen food in years! What an oink! He still lost weight if you can believe it! What's up with that? Gage and Glade I feel at this point are very non-threatening. They both like to cook too much and Gage has been eating shrimp and lobster in Hawaii non stop! After watching Gage down his second root-beer float for the night I decided I'm pretty safe there. The kids all thought Glade was going downstairs every morning and seriously exercising. I nearly busted a gut laughing when Seth and Kelson went off on this tangent about how dad and been lifting weights and working out really hard in the basement. They were a little relieved when I told them the only iron dad had been bench pressing in the basement is the one that presses his shirt. I'm doubled up on the floor now rolling in hysteria! How much does an sunbeam iron weigh? Awe ahahahaha, laughter will not leave me. Ok, so there's week two. I'm going to skip lunch today and wipe the dust off Jane Fonda. I've just gotta win!

3 comments:

Gavin said...

Have no shame in Jane! If it works beautiful if not eat it ha ha

Papa Bird said...

I wouldn't count me out quit yet ..is it possibal that I just want everyone to think i;m ironing my shirt? Check out the biceps they are as hard as steel.....It could be my new tactic so just keep on laughing, espicially when ai'm laughing all the way to the bank.....You old DAD is smarter than you give him credit for....

Papa Bird said...

I wouldn't count me out quit yet ..is it possibal that I just want everyone to think i;m ironing my shirt? Check out the biceps they are as hard as steel.....It could be my new tactic so just keep on laughing, espicially when ai'm laughing all the way to the bank.....You old DAD is smarter than you give him credit for....