Friday, March 20, 2009

Man's Best Friend!



I think just about everyone in the town of Plain City knows our dog Bella. She is the friendliest dog and loves people. I have been noticing a new friend of hers. He comes every Tuesday to pick up our garbage. Yes, the garbage man is Bella's new friend. I happened to look out the window when he came one Tuesday in January and noticed that he was feeding Bella treats. I wondered if it was just something he did because she was out. So, I started watching every Tuesday. Sure enough, he gives her treats every week! I wonder how long this has been going on? Maybe they have been friends for a long time. Well, I decided to do a little experiment. One particular Tuesday (when our garbage really didn't need emptying), I told Kyle not to put the garbage can out. I wondered if Bella's friend would still stop to pet her and give her a treat. I was sure that he would just drive right on by when he saw that there was no garbage to pick up. I waited and when I heard him coming, I ran to the window to watch and see what he would do. Well, they must be good friends because he still stopped to see Bella. I was ready with my camera to capture the moment. I guess friends come in many different varieties!

2 comments:

valerie said...

Kaedell, that is awesome! That trash guy won't stop for nothing!! Not even if you are running towards him in your pjs screaming because your garbage has to be emptied and you forgot to put it out!! =) Brian and I went for a walk the other day past your house and were just commenting on what a good dog Bella is. Elizabeth adores her! If she is not sitting out on the driveway or in the Ellis' yard when we walk by she gets worried.

Mother Bird said...

Well, that is the cutest story ever. Bella is a good dog. She reminds me of Goliath, friendly as can be. I think you should turn that story along with the picture into the standard examiner. They would love it and Bella would be famous. Glad you were hiding with your camera bug! That's a keeper. Love it!