Don't look now, but it's another one of those dorky school assignments
where you have to build something.
where you have to build something.
Notice Seth is just watching thinking "I'm never having kids" While Deserey is thinking "Oh, coolie, Kyle is doing all the work."
So I'm sure there was a line in Heaven and we all stood in it. Where it led, however is my big question? Maybe it was like a smorgasbord board and we just filed down the table and picked up whatever entree we wanted to put in our brains. If this is true, I was not attracted to anything difficult in the engineering department. You know, anything that gives intelligence to how things are connected, assembled or function. I just expect there to be a machine for whatever it is I need, and when I plug it in and find the switch it will run. I hate math, calculus or geometry, those kinds of subjects. Mathematics, a function of complex variable having a first derivative at all points of a given domain or having parametric equations that represent analytic functions. I just don't get it! Anything technical is void in my head! Therefore I'm certain I didn't pick up anything on the table that gives my brain an engineering edge. Kyle on the other hand is totally an engineer. He must have picked up everything on the engineering table. He's worked at machining these little intricate parts that make the world run half his life and he's very good at it. I marvel at how his brain works. So thankfully whenever Des brings home one of those stupid parental aggravating assignments at school, I just look at her and roll my eyes. "Don't ask me to help you build that deary. Forget it!" I usually say that real loud, then I tell her she had better get Kyle on the phone if she wants anything higher than an "F." Kyle is a good sport. I know when Des requests his skill for any project he probably wants to do more than roll his eyes. He's a willing candidate for torture though, and he always comes over and saves the day. So I just wanted to thank him for always helping Des and making my life stress free. Kyle, by the way, you got an "A" on the bridge. Kaedell is grinning from ear to ear because Corbin and Eden are in fat city when it comes to school projects. Kaedell will be sitting on her adipose tissue eating Bon Bons while Kyle is building what ever idiotic concocted assignments his kids come home with. And I'm sure all the neighbors will be hiring Kyle to come help their kid. For now I'm just glad he's helping mine at a highly reduced cost, a coke and some treats from the treat drawer! Thanks Kyle! You're the best!
2 comments:
That's right--I know right where to send the kids when they have a question with math, science, or history-or anything for that matter. My hubby is one smart cookie! He thinks his brain is just full of useless information, but really he is a genious. He's going to be great at all those stupid busywork projects that the teachers make you do!
oh my goodness kyle my mom is right hahaha i dont know what i would do without your help on all my stupid "build" something projects. Thanks so much!! :D
Post a Comment