It didn't matter if it was a Saturday. It didn't matter that the mall would be crazy with people. I woke Des up and asked her if she wanted to go shopping. Des is no fool. Shopping with mom is a no brainer. She was on her feet in seconds and in no time, we were on the road.
She was pretty happy when I pulled into the parking lot at the Gateway Mall. First store ---Old Navy. We found a sale on flip flops. Only $2.50! What a deal! We bought an even dozen. You can never own too many flip flops! Des also found plenty of other things on sale. She had no problem spending my money. I too however did my share of damage shopping for my grandkids. We're going to have a 4th of July picture! We made a haul and had to take the sacks back to the car before we could continue on.
After dropping off the goods, I informed Deserey, the next stop was my shopping spot. Into the Apple store we went. Des was amazed. She had the same gapping awed look every person gets on their first trip into this divine place of business. The Apple store is amazing. If you haven't been inside you are missing out on one of life's funnest experiences. I must admit though, if you are a born again Mac Head! That makes the entire experience even more thrilling.
After saying hi to all the men in blue. We had fun playing with the new iPads. "That's going to be my next purchase" I told Deserey. We had to stop there first because the table with all the white iPhones was surrounded with bodies. When the rectangular table finally cleared, we stepped up to actually touch the most amazing technology ever. It was everything I'd dreamed it would be. It was white!
I turned to the first man in blue and said, "I'll have one of those." He immediately went and pulled one from the stock room. Then fate smiled on us and for the first time ever we met "Maddy."
For some people fun is an attitude. For Maddy, fun is her personality and her way of living! She was the woman who would teach me how to use my new phone. She was the woman who would show me what a perfect Apple saleswoman is. She was the woman who would leave lasting footprints on my soul! And little did Des and I know, she would become our new best friend for life! (Long story.)
She could see I was excited, so she let me unwrap the box and told me I should be the first person to touch my new phone. It just got funner from there. We took pictures, made videos, and laughed until our sides hurt. I even called Gav, the truest of all Mac Heads, for my first ever facetime call. It was symbolic!
I don't know how long we sat there having fun, I just know I hated to leave. Finally however, it was time to make our way out the door. I got half way to the car and remembered something. Des and I turned around and hurried back to ask Maddy one last question. When we found her, she was laughing and preceded to tell us how happy she was that we came back to the store. She went on to tell Deserey that every boy on duty that day had been over to ask her about the cute girl she had been helping. They all wanted to know if Maddy had taken down Desi's cell number. I had been so consumed with my phone I hadn't noticed one boy after another coming up to talk to Deserey. She and I laughed all the way to the car.
After leaving the Apple store we had to hit Barnes and Noble.
Des is the book queen.
We worked up an appetite, then hit our favorite Macaroni Grill.
We finished the day up with a four hour visit to Eleanor's,
Which just topped off the whole entire day.
It's official now. April 30th, 2011 funnest day ever!
1 comment:
Wow! What great day! Enjoy those free days Desi. Your time is dwindling. Someday one of those many cute suitors will steal your heart and the free time and money train comes to a stop. :-) don't worry the next train of life is fun too!
Post a Comment