Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Modern Day Mother's Day Card

On one particular day, I was cleaning and sorting the mountain of laundry in my bedroom. It was cold and dreary outside and frankly, not much better where I was inside. I decided that music would lighten the drudgery of neverending tasks, but having an eight year old daughter who has decided to be like a particular 18 year old(thanks Des) my ipod has been taken over and rarely do I know where it is. I turned on the computer in my room and opened the blog to listen to Mom's latest playlist. As the songs played my mood lifted and thoughts and memories of Mom made my heart happy. Knowing Mom and how music touches her, I knew each song had meaning to it. By the end of the playlist I felt like I had just had a great conversation with her. Technology is truly amazing! Mom taught me just 2 days ago that I could copy and take pictures from the blog. (I acknowledge I am way behind the rest of you apple junkies) I am tentative when it comes to the techy world. Mom, you have embraced technology and in doing so have made it possible to stay better connected and share one with another. Even though posting from the Umbrell fam is rare, we are still partaking of the fruits of your labors. For that we thank you! The kids enjoy the many pictures, and Kate and Spence enjoy filling some of their required reading time browsing the entries. As I looked through our pictures to find one to post on this Mother's day, there were not as many of 'Nana' as I had hoped. Where was she I thought? I know she was there. Mom, you were where you always have been. Cheering and supporting on the sidelines or behind the camera capturing the event. I am usually the one without a camera in hand, but I have many of my kid's fun moments captured thanks to Mom. So, on this Mother's Day we enthusiastically support your love of Apple and it's many enabling devices that bring joy and satisfaction to your life as well as the ability to connect with those you love and who dearly love YOU!
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

No comments: