Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Kate


I'm going to need another life time! I can see well and full, this life is just not going to be long enough! It's not! And whenever the end draws near, I am going to be pounding my fists, demanding more time!




Today was the best day ever. Days like this just don't come any finer! Encapsulated in one day, one day filled with a million happy moments is the good stuff, the very best life is made of.





Today I want to wish Kate a GREAT BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I want to go on and on about how she is the finest granddaughter any grandmother could ever wish for. I want to hug her and squeeze her with words today and let her know how she's the cream of the crop and how much I love her.

The other day I took her to lunch and shopping. We have a ritual and it's turning out to be so fine. Every year we go to Rainbow Gardens for her birthday. This year I was thinking maybe a nine year old would like to pick a new spot to eat. Not so! When I asked Kate where she wanted to go for lunch she just giggled and grinned and looked at me like I was daft! "Grandma, we have to go to our favorite spot." When she said, "Rainbow Gardens," A smile spread out across my face big enough to take in the whole day!




We did what girls do best. We talked about boys and laughed and giggled till our cheeks hurt. And Kate couldn't hold a straight face when our waitress brought the other ladies out and sang Happy Birthday to her.



They always make such a fuss over Kate. They always bring her a giant piece of chocolate cake out and wait on her like she's queen for the day.

After our delicious meal which is a standard every year. Kate always gets the cheese toast and I the Thomas Divan, then we go shopping. We always browse through the shop there by the restaurant and then we head to Kate's favorite stores.

The whole day is unrepeatable, and always leaves the best memory ever!




Today while shopping in the gardens I found me a Mother's Day present. I snatched it right up. It was a picture frame. Kate laughed when she read it. It said, "If I had known how much fun grandkids were, I would have had them first!" It true, what can I say!




So Happy Birthday cute girl!
You are so beautiful!
Nanny loves you more than life itself!
And our tradition a day I will forever look forward too!

No comments: