Friday, May 13, 2011

Thank You Family Of Mine!



This week I had two experiences that really affected me. I'd like to write about them both.

The first object of my writing is the fact that blogger hasn't allowed me to post anything for a week. Who would have ever known just how addicted I am to blogging. I love to blog! Then, if that wasn't bad enough,  I finally got to make my wonderful post about Mother's Day and stupid blogger deleted it. It just goes to show you, nothing in this world is perfect!

Alas, I write again for the second time!

My epistle today and second experience in wish I want to express many words of gratitude. "The Best Mother's Day Ever." Ok, I say that every year! But it was super spectacular. It started out a little rocky. My children will understand that statement. What's the old saying, "If the mother ain't happy, nobody's happy." Well, someone forgot to tell Fremont high not to have Senior Cotillion the day before mother's day. Saturday I was doing anything but cleaning my house. By the time I fell into bed I was tired and discouraged my house was a complete mess.

Sunday morning when I got up, Man With A Drill was planning his lesson. Des and Goose weren't up and that left me all alone in the cleaning world. Having to clean my house on Mother's Day made me about as ornery as I could be. Somewhere in my childhood I came to associate a dirty house with a worthless soul. I've tried to break this bizarre thinking, but to no avail. The funny thing is my house has been messy for the last five months. Hasn't bothered me to bad, least not bad enough to clean it. Yet, on Mother's Day, and it happens every year, if my house is dirty it signifies to some inner part of me that I'm a bad mother. I've tried to analyze this. I think on Mother's Day I'm just ornery because, well, lets face it...who ever feels like they're really a good mother? Sometimes Mother's Day is just a reminder of what I wish I were but often times feel I'm not. It was in my guilt ridden orneriness, I grumped at Man With A Drill for not helping me. I chastised him for sitting there planning his lesson. This was after the sweet man gave me roses.

I'm awful!

Everyone came down stairs when they heard me grumping and pitched in to help me clean. Things were tidied up in no time and we were off to church. I was sitting on the bench feeling like a rotten mother for being ornery when Goose walked in and Sat down by us. Then to my astonishment, Caroline and Gavin appeared out of nowhere, plunking themselves down on the bench. And if that wasn't good enough, I soon looked over and saw Gage and Missy sitting next to them. "Wow," I thought, "My children have come to spend the day with me in church. How nice!"

This is about the time Brother Southwick stood up and announced the agenda for the meeting. Featured speaker for the day... Man With a Drill. I now slumped in my seat a few inches lower and thought of the morning and my chastisements to a man who was planning a Mother's Day talk and not a lesson at all. I'm not going to spend all day writing about how bad I felt, or how I thought my husband would surely make fun of me at the pulpit. He didn't. No, instead he just simply gave a wonderful talk that was filled with sweet statements and kind sentiments about what he and my children value in their mother. I did what I do best. I cried. After church I hugged Man With A Drill and apologized. He did what he always does best. He forgave me.

The day just got better from there. After we got home from church all the kids came. It was a delightful day and ended with birthday celebrations and my Mother's Day gifts. I got lots of nice things. Man With a Drill, outdid himself. He and some of the kids got me a White iPad. They turned it on and there on the screen for me to read were all the cards my kids had put on the blog. I could hardly see to read for water that kept getting in the way. Those cards were the best thing I got all day!

So today this heart felt thank you is for each of my kids and grandkids. And for the wonderful man I said yes to so many years ago. While I never feel like my mothering is any good, I have to thank Man With a Drill and my family for always making me feel like I'm the best mother in the world, even during those times when I'm not. It is how they love and overlook me that makes all the difference in my life. For that I am truly grateful!

Thanks EVERYONE, for a wonderful Mother's Day! It was simply the best. And, I love you all!!!

2 comments:

SETH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SETH said...

Glad you had a good day Muth. You deserved it for sure! Love ya!