Saturday, May 7, 2011
Just A Little Tribute
How much love can one picture contain? Can I even measure it? Is there any space that could contain it all? This is my little mom. She lives a simple life. She will be ninety next month. In preparation for Mother's day, today I did something my mother begs me to do every day... I spent time with her! Breakfast started out with Ali, Anna and I. If you want to make my mom light up, just take a kid with you when you visit. She loves my little grandkids.
Spending time with my mom is kind of like watching the movie "Ground Hog Day." It's very repetitive. Ali was beginning to wonder what was up when my mom asked what her name was for the twentieth time. That's when I had an interesting conversation with Ali about how my mother has lived nearly a hundred years. Ali drew her own conclusions quite quickly after I explained. "Wow, she's really worn out then, isn't she?" and then she launched into how if she were that old she probably wouldn't be able to remember anything either. From then on out, she cared for my mother like you would care for a small child. She helped her butter her toast and was so attentive to my mother's needs. Children have a brilliant depth perception if you just explain things right.
After breakfast (which was really late lunch by any young persons time clock) we cleaned up my mom's yard. The kids went home with a trove of treasures. Ali found the coolest snail shell that was huge. Nearly two inches wide. Anna found a Robin egg that had fallen out of the tree. Baby bird still incased. She mourned it's fateful demise all day, and Kate found more cracked shells than she could carry home, which proved some little birds really did grow wings.
We ended the day with pizza. My mom couldn't wait for a picture. I tell her about my photography everyday. Usually she doesn't like her picture taken but I laughed when she grabbed Anna and tried to pull her up into the chair by her. It was a good day and her spirit reflected it.
And while she will never read this post, I wish her the happiest Mother's Day ever. I love her! She is mine!!! And all the love you see spilling out of one picture is a tribute to her, to her life, and to all she has given.
Happy Mother's Day Mom, I love you!!! Thank you for giving me the best life ever!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment