Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy Birthday Em









I feel old. I sat down this morning and tried to figure out how many birthdays Em has had. Today she's having another one. I'll let her tell you how old she is. Then I tried to find a picture of her without a child in it. That was nearly impossible. I'm so excited. It's Fun Faye Friday and Em has first dubs on free lunch. Come along if you like, just bring your own wallet. Hahaha

Someone invented the word sweetness after they met Emilyn. She is the the very definition of everything solid, kind, honest to the core, good and true. If I had to choose one word to describe her, I would have to choose the word "Charity." for that describes her nature best.  Serving and loving people comes easy to her, and it doesn't matter who they are.

The other day she called me up and told me she didn't have a kitchen. Her kitchen is under construction, she's getting new cupboards, new double ovens, lots of fun things, and now being without a stove, she needed to boil and color Easter eggs. "Can I come to your house mom," she asked. I was tickled pink!

After she arrived it was a fun day. When Em is around all the burdens of the day are lightened. From the time she is at my house until the time she leaves, I hear things like, "How are you mom?", "I'll do that for you mom.",  "Let me help you with that mom.", "Would you like me to do that for you mom.", or  "Oh, don't worry about that mom, I'll do that." Her giant heart is supremely generous. It knows no other way. It is her nature, her way of being, and it spills out of her as if it is uncontainable. Always caring for others...  always serving others... that is her trademark.

I had such an enjoyable day with her coloring Easter eggs. Since she has the largest family and lives the farthest away, those times are not near as frequent as I'd like. When she finally climbed in her van to go home, I was sad to see the day come to an end. And that's how I always feel when she heads home. Being with her is always a complete joy!

Well, Em... we love you. I love you! I'm lucky to have you for a daughter. I am blessed beyond measure. Thank you for always taking extra good care of me. I have the best kids. And you have always led the way in that.

Happy Birthday #1! Hugs... squeeze!



4 comments:

Papa Bird said...

Well Em, Having just gotten of the phone with you I realized that I am really getting old.....When your kids think that you are old at your age , then I must ,to them be considered ancient! After reading what mom wrote I could'nt agree more . Em you you really are a one of a kind,with the word kind being the key word ! I love you for that trait ,what mom wrote is really true, and as your dad ,I am always so proud to let everyone know that you are my daughter, What a great blessing that came into our life thirty three years ago!!!!!!!

Caroline said...

Happy Birthday Em we love you!

Kaedell said...

Had a happy day with you Em! You are the best sister ever. Thanks for all you do and all that you are! Love you tons and tons!

Unknown said...

I love the Blog Birthday Card! It's the best! Thanks Mom and Dad. One is never too old to get tired of kind Birthday words from 2 great parents! Love You!!
Kaedell, I love spending time with you! Thanks for sharing my birthday lunch!