Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Time Out For Women


A couple of weeks ago I came home, kicked off my shoes, flopped my satisfied self down on the couch and started to cry. I wasn't sad. Far from it! I had just attended "Time Out For Women", and my cup ranneth over literally, yes, the river had swelled up and it was now flowing over the narrow banks of my eyes. That day coming home my life felt so hopeful, and rich beyond measure  Wisdom had opened spaces in my head that haven't seen light like that forever.
"Time Out For Women" was amazing and now I want someone to manufacture an IV that I can plug into my veins every morning; I want to drain several bags of fluid loaded with the energy and insight this conference produced in me. How long can I hang onto it? Please God don't let me go back to my old ways of thinking! May a higher source keep this vitality alive in me until dust takes over my bones! My brain is clawing to hang on to all those new thoughts and ideas with every fiber of deep seeded optimism that took up root in me after having attended.
As Emy, Kadie and I drove away from Weber State University that day, I asked them, "How is it we can go through life being so uninsightful?" I always wonder why it is I learn new ways of thinking and being and then forget them the minute stress hits? Kadie laughed at that. We all laughed, because it's true.
There were so many great things about this conference. It started out in the best way ever . . . standing in line with Becky and BethAnn. There's nothing in life like good friends, and a good friend always lets you butt in line. I know I should have felt bad, but I didn't, we butted two days in a row and that made the conference just that much better because I got to sit and talk to BethAnn all those moments when we were sitting in our chair side by side waiting for the fun to begin.
I love BethAnn and I love her daughter Becky! BethAnn is the reason my girls can produce beautiful music on the piano. BethAnn is one of the most talented artists on the piano I have ever met and I can pick out her students in a heart beat. She is such a great pianist! Besides her amazing talent she's been such a good friend to me, a real positive in my life. Becky takes after her mother in sweetness and in the talent department as well, you name it she can do it. She has the most beautiful voice and she has become Kaedell's personal friend and accompanist. Becky plays the piano just like her mother. She is very talented. You should hear her and Kaedell when they get together, Kaedell with her violin, Becky on the piano, these two are a winning combination and beautiful music is a given when they team up! They play for sacrament meetings, stake meetings, and events all over the Wasatch front.
I wish I could write down all of the inspirations that came to me in two days. I will try to share some. There were so many good speakers. I took notes the entire time, so hopefully I can share bits and pieces here and there. From Chieko Okazaki (pure inspiration) to Amanda Dixon, I couldn't get enough. Amanda Dixon is one of the best speakers I've ever listened to. Besides laughing until my sides hurt, she gave amazing wisdom right along with the hysterical jolts she brought to the stage! That woman is an entertainer as well as a speaker!
We got to listen to Jenny Oaks Baker preform. That was a real highlight. Kaedell has every CD she's ever made. Well, it was two days packed with everything to bring a smile, warm the heart, and impress the mind, and I got to share it all with my girls.
I want to thank Kaedell for getting us all there. She organized it, called everyone in the family to see who wanted to and could go, then collected money and bought the tickets. Emy arranged our lunch at Hug Hess Cafe. There were 12 total in our group and Em had connections for reserved seating and lunch was yum, and yes girls you can thank me for the free cookies hahahaha! All in all it was a spectacular weekend! Thanks Kaedell and Em, snaps to you both! Kadie, maybe you could add some of your great pictures here, would you?


1 comment:

The Spencer Family said...

Faye..

isn't it the best! I went to TOFW in St. Louis in Sept'08. I can relate to the banks overflowing. Infact, I am heading to Arkansas in April to see my friends and attend in Memphis on April 9 and 10I am so excited. My favorite is Hilary Weeks! But I too am looking forward to seeing Amanda Dixon!