Thursday, February 4, 2010

Low Fat Turkey Soup

Sorry everyone!!! I copied down the recipe incorrectly.  Thanks Robynn for catching my goof! I must have been trying to multitask! Hope someone hasn't tried to make it yet! Here is the corrected recipe. (corrected 2-4-2010)

Anyone tired of the weather yet? For these grungy winter days, you're going to love this soup recipe.
Lean Ground Turkey Soup

Ingredients
1 pound lean ground turkey
2 medium onions, chopped
2 small zucchini, quartered lengthwise and sliced
2 large carrots, chopped
3 14oz cans of beef broth (I usually make my own)
1 26 oz jar of favorite spaghetti sauce (I use homemade)
1 16oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 15 1/2oz can great northern beans rinsed and drained
1 14 1/2oz can Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp pepper
1 cup uncooked small shell pasta (it doesn't really matter, I used whatever is around)
Brown turkey and onions, drain excess grease. Add zucchini and carrot, cook and stir one minute longer. Add remainder of ingredients, except noodles. Bring to a boil and simmer for 45 min. Cook pasta according to directions and add it at the end. Serve and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

It's a good idea to wait until about 20-25 min before the soup is done to add the zucchini. Then it is not mushy.
This recipe is complements of my cute friend Robynn Hill Spencer. Thanks Robynn, just keep sending me these yummy recipes. I luv', luv', luv' this one!

4 comments:

The Spencer Family said...

It is super good! I am glad that you liked it ;)

The Spencer Family said...

ps---you forgot the jar of spaghetti sauce and the oregano :)

The Spencer Family said...

ps---you forgot the jar of spaghetti sauce and the oregano :)

Anonymous said...

This looks yummy! I was needing a new idea! THanks!