Present

Future

33 Years ago I was married in the Ogden Temple. That would be just five years after the temple was built. I can't tell you how excited I was when I heard the news. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints made and announcement Wednesday about major renovation to the Ogden Utah Temple. I only have one word ---Hallelujah!
I don't know about anyone else, but I've always thought the Ogden and Provo temple's were the least appealing temples designed by man! I've never thought they were pretty to look at in any way, shape, or form. And given the churches history of designing some pretty amazingly beautiful temples, I always wondered what in the world happened in the seventies to make anyone think these designs were comparative in anyway to the beauty and history of our past designed temples. Maybe that sounds harsh, and I don't mean to imply that I don't love the Ogden Temple because I do ----it's my temple, but I do not love the looks of it and I never have.
After hearing the news last night for the first time, I was a little taken back when this morning the first words that came to my mind as I began my day with prayer, were "Thanks so much Heavenly Father for bringing us a new and beautiful temple! I went on and on with excitement! I can't tell you how grateful I am! I can't wait to see it! I try to attend the temple on a pretty regular basis, so I can't wait to be going there lots!!! I can't wait to spend some time strolling the new grounds with my camera and taking pictures!
If you missed the news check out the following link.
Click here, ksl.com
If you missed the news check out the following link.
Click here, ksl.com
3 comments:
I agree! I think the new design will really spice things up for Ogden as well. That is beautiful! Thanks for posting that, we don't get that kind of news here in Nebraska! Exciting!!
Wow! That is great news...what a beautiful update...I hope it goes well and fast! I betcha there will be way more weddings there now that it will look so much different/beautiful!
I agree with you Faye the grounds and picture shots at marraiges are so beautiful at some of the other temples in the area that it's no wonder they do fewer marraiges there....But all that will change...And like you said It is my Temple I married the greatest women ever in that very building over 30 years ago.....and I still love it, this will just make it that much better.....
Post a Comment