Monday, February 15, 2010

New Is Nice

I've been waiting for over a year to get a new computer. My old computer just wouldn't preform the work I need it to when I edit pictures. I spent half my life just waiting on my computer!
When the UPS man finally knocked on my door, I couldn't wait to open the box.
Gavin is responsible for my addiction to anything Mac. He taught me the saying, and truer words have never been spoken,
"Once You Go Mac You Never Go Back!"
Because I'm old and semi blind, I also got a Mac monitor. Now I just plug my laptop in and work from the monitor. I think I am never going to leave my study ever again.
I told Gavin. "I just know God works on a Mac!"
Gavin is my personal "Mac One on One Specialist." I love it!
He came over and got all my files moved from my old PowerBook G4 to my new MacBook Pro. Did I tell you how much I love SPEED!
Kelson couldn't wait to buy my old PowerBook. He can't come in my study now though. Every time he sees my new computer, it gives him a bad case of the "I want's," as in, "I want a new one too." Well Kelson, just remember, even an old Mac is better than a brand new PC!
Gavin gave me a great idea as he was setting up my new machine. He suggested I get Glade a Mac for our anniversary.
"You want me to buy "Man With A Drill." a new laptop Gav--- are you nuts?" I could barely conceive the thought. Then the idea sort of grew on me and before long I couldn't believe I was fully entertaining the notion. "He won't even know how to turn it on," was my reply.
Gavin assured me we could teach an old dog new tricks. I decided Glade works hard and he never buys himself anything nice, so I went out and bought it for him. I was so excited to see his face when he opened up his gift.
You can see the pain in his face can't you? I thought he was going to pass out. All the kids gathered round. Gavin was practically drooling showing Glade how wonderful it is to own a Mac laptop!

We spent hours there showing "Man With A Drill" how to step out of the stone age and into the world of technology. Glade ask me "What happened to your "I want to be a minimalist" thinking? I assured him it was still there and this was going to help us get organized. "Say goodbye to paper, honey! We just saved an entire forest by buying you a Mac!"
It's been a few days now and Glade is fully in love with his new computer, every night he falls asleep with it on his lap. I understand his love. Who ever thought after being married for 33 years, you'd find Glade and I in bed at night with our computers. It's a good thing we didn't discover our love for the Macs until after the 8 kids were born. If only we had known---
The best birth control is sold at the Apple store! Hahahahaha
Here's to owning a Mac!

3 comments:

valerie said...

We finally took the plunge and bought a 27" iMac. Best purchase ever!! I can't believe I have gone so long without a Mac. Love It!! Thanks for convincing me to take the plunge!

Mother Bird said...

Val, I always knew you were a highly intelligent girl! Oh boy, you are going to love your new iMac!!! You know what i stands for? ahhhhh. . .
I'm worried however that you are going to have a very serious problem on your hands. YOU SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT 2 because you'll both be arguing over who gets to use it! Hahahha Welcome to the world of MAC!
Love, Your Mac Mother :)

Papa Bird said...

Well its true I love my new toy...I'm still very much a novus at it but I am commited to using it and getting better Techno oriented .....But I did watch a movie the other night on it and that was pretty slick......even mytyping is getting better........Hum maybe not ...Thanks dear for not giving up[ on this old dog.....