Monday, February 22, 2010

Spur Of The Moment Fun

What you're looking at in this picture is nothing short of a miracle. I can't even remember the date, I know it was in October of 08 sometime because that's when I always go to Park City for my annual Christmas Jammy run.
Usually I try to take a person with me. I'm over 50 and I don't trust my own opinions anymore in the "Picking things out department".  I have serious fear! I worry someone will open their gift on Christmas day, take one look at it, and cry. There is also the fact I now have seven grandchildren and how do I keep all those sizes straight? Who knows what I'll do when I have twenty seven grandchildren. All I know is I mentioned I was going to Park City to buy pajamas for my Christmas grandkiddy sleepover and the next thing I knew my car was filled with people. That is the part that is a miracle, because getting all of these girls in my car for half a day is quite a feat.
These are the days a mother lives for. I love having girls, (daughters and daughter in laws), and if I can get any of them to come with me it's pure joy! If I can get all of them together, all at once, this is the ultimate!
For years all of us girls had a fun tradition shopping for the weekend while the men went deer hunting. Then the men stopped hunting and that ended our tradition.
Start saving your money girls! I'm planning a fun filled weekend for the fall. I'm starting up the tradition again, just because the men stopped hunting doesn't mean we need to stop shopping.
Thanks for tagging along with me girls! I knew I'd found complete ecstasy when we finished up our jammy shopping by stopping at Harry and Davids before we headed home. I was so lucky that day, I not only got to go shopping with my girls, I got the last bag of little red cream filled red licorice sticks! It was the ultimate day!

1 comment:

Papa Bird said...

Well it looks as if the men (boys? ) will have to get a fishing thing thing going.....if the hunting has passed us by its only because of the fact that to actually hunt you have to have a place that has the animals that you are hunting.............Men it time for Planing our stratagy.....