Cleaning out my study today. A friend of mine sent me this little clip since she knew I was working on becoming a minimalist. The clip reminded me I need to make less junk in the world.
Haven't written a journal entry for three weeks or more. Haven't felt much like writing. Negativism does this to me.
This week I invented ohnery to a new degree! By Wednesday I assumed it was the weather that was causing it. (I need the sun.) Finally around five o'clock in the afternoon, I prayed for some help. I hate myself when I'm this way. I didn't feel much of the spirit after praying but it was time to go to Young Women's, so I belligerently drove to the church.
As soon as I arrived I remembered it was pajama night. I was not dressed for the occasion. Being rebellious throughout the entire day prevented me from even thinking about wearing my P.J's to the Young Women's.
When I walked in I saw all the girls had brought their blankets and pillows, my mood immediately changed. Isn't it funny how something so little can bring instant relief, immediately when I saw the environment of relaxation I felt better. Something about pig tails, fluffy slippers mixed with flannel sprawled and propped on percale softened my whole demeanor.
The girls were working on personal progress. The thought went through my mind, "Well, isn't this befitting for a person who doesn't feel like she's progressing at all today!"
I sat down by Kayla. Her gentle spirit mellowed mine. We started looking up some scriptures for a goal she was working on. I looked up Alma 7:23-24 and that's when my prayer for help stood straight before me.
I read, "And now I would that ye should be ahumble, and be bsubmissive and gentle; easy to be entreated; full of patience and long-suffering; being temperate in all things; being diligent in keeping the commandments of God at all times; asking for whatsoever things ye stand in need, both spiritual and temporal; always returning thanks unto God for whatsoever things ye do receive. And see that ye have afaith, hope, and charity, and then ye will always abound in good works."
Immediately I felt my negative nature disperse, all of it just fell away, and quietly my heart whispered, "Thank you, I needed that."
Today is a better day. And again I'm reminded (Proverbs 3:12) " For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment