Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Grandma's Spring Clean Up

This old red house is over a hundred years old.
My mom has lived in it for nearly seventy of them.
Over the years she has made vast improvements to it. When she first moved in there were no sidewalks and no bathroom in the home. I'm glad she rectified those two things before I was born.



This old home holds a lot of memories and some of the very best of those memories are of the many times we gather as a family. This spring we got together for a family clean up.



It's true that many hands make lighter work.


Besides who can resist a good spring burn!


All the little kids had a hay day,


especially when Desi found a little lost birdie.




I did my usual thing, harped on people till they stopped long enough for me to snap a picture.





I love looking back at a photograph and remembering!



~Dorothea Lange said, "While there is perhaps a province in which the photograph can tell us nothing more than what we see with our own eyes, there is another in which it proves to us how little our eyes permit us to see."


A good snapshot stops a moment from running away!


Everyone had fun working together.



Work is funner when you have someone to share it with.


And the kids made their own fun!

It was a great evening.


After, grandma treated us all to pizza and pop when we finished.


Thanks everybody! Could you all come over to my yard now? Hahhaha


Toward the end of our cleaning I discovered something in my mom's old tree.




It's like it appeared out of no where! I have a thing with hearts and when I walked around the corner of the house and my eye caught this heart that surly had been growing for sometime. I couldn't believe it.


As I stood there and snapped a few pictures I started to get emotional. I think my dad carved it there! I think so, because in all the years I've walked past it I've never seen it once!
A little sign from Heaven . . . a sign he loves us!

3 comments:

Corinne said...

So many wonderful memories at Grandma's house!! Wish I could have been there for the spring clean...we all have such a great time when we are together.

Goose said...

ahh cleanin up gmas house..good times. Sweet pics madre!

Des said...

the cleanup was fun. :D hahaha