Monday, June 22, 2009

Another Good Story

So when the lead picture say's "Ray's Auto Body", you know the story is going to be really good! Right?


Now I was in a hurry, plus this was taken with my Iphone, so it's not the best picture. But if you look very closely you will see there is no window in the back of my car. And if you look even closer you can see lots of tiny dents where you open up the back of the hatch.


Not to mention the dents that go across the roof like a trail of cat prints and the broken windshield in the front, cracked in every direction! Oh and then there are the plethora of tiny indentations that travel down the hood like a babbling brook.

My car loves Ray's Auto body shop (and Ray Ellis loves me.) I have been giving him lots of business! See I just got my Envoy out of Ray's shop last week because Kelson doesn't navigate deer in Willard very well. Yes, there are enormous herds that cross the road in Willard and Kelson managed to miss the entire bunch, except for the last one. I think you might remember the deer hair in the engine. I'm sure I posted a picture of that a while back.

So I'm spraying weeds and I see Glade hook my Envoy up to a beautiful rusted chain. His goal was to pull out an old stump that had been rotting in the ground for years. I'm pumping my sprayer when I hear the engine roar along with a strange torquing sound. As I was taking in the sound of metal stretching, I made my way back behind the snowmobile trailer and preceded to kill anything green.

That's when I heard it, a sound loud and resonating, like someone blew up a small building. "What was that?" I yelled. Then I decided to see for my self. What's Murphy's Law? "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." I stepped from behind the trailer and there was glass everywhere and I could see clear through my Envoy! And what's the other saying? "You're only as strong as your weakest link!" I looked at my car, I looked at the glass all over the lawn, I looked at the brand new windshield Gage just put in last week, or rather what was left of it, then I said nothing, no not a word, I looked at all those shiny pieces of glass spread out all over my lawn like a pin wheel and I just calmly turned back to my patch of weeds and began killing again! Life . . . it just happens, doesn't it? I was so proud of myself, I didn't even swear!

Well, to make a long story short, that nice rusty chain that snapped, whipping my Envoy something fierce created nearly four thousand dollars worth of damage! I told someone at my work the story and they said "Don't you own a tractor?" Well, it's probably a good thing the tractor was in Bear Lake, better my Envoy than a human head being smashed to little pieces.

So that's it! That's the stump of it! Nothing more, nothing less! Car's are replaceable, fixable, repairable, and much easier to mend than people.

1 comment:

Goose said...

dude ray rocks my socks! i kinda like wrecking and fixing the envoy it feels like we have had three of them now.. haha we blew it to.. we should have gotton dad a new chain for fathers day haha!