Friday, February 20, 2009

The New Draper Utah Temple



Public open house underway; scheduled to be dedicated Friday-Sunday, March 20-22, 2009


Check out this 'link' for the pertinent information about the new temple. I've heard it's absolutely beautiful inside and that it's truly a magnificent building, I've heard the craftsmanship with which it was built will leave you speechless and that the choices in materials, the stone work, the fabrics, the wallpaper, the hand-painted wall murals, every last detail is truly striking. I've also heard the baptismal font is like no other, beautiful and stunning. If you're going to be in the Salt Lake City area any time in the next month I've heard it's worth taking some time to hit one of the tours. I forget this would be a great thing for Deserey to see. Anyone who wants to join dad, Des, and I for the tour, see us ASAP so we can plan a date! It would be fun to make it a family outing.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

WOW!! I didn't know they were building a temple in Draper. That is so beautiful, I can only imagine what the inside is like. Wish I was there to take to tour!

*Cathleen* said...

Thanks for the heads up, my in-laws live in Draper but they winter in palm springs. So without you I would not have known about this, it is during my kids springbreak and we will defintely try to get reservations for a tour. thanks again. Cathy