
A week or so ago I was driving home from Bear Lake. It was about seven in the morning and the sun was just headed into the sky. After I climbed out of the inversion layer, I couldn't resist stopping at the top of "Look at Point" for a picture. I decided just for the thrill of it, I'd throw my camera into raw. Some people say once you shoot in raw mode you'll never shoot any other way. When I pulled my photo onto my computer I was definitely diggin it! That blanket of white you see just in front of those dark mountains covered with pines is the inversion that sometimes hangs over the lake. If that blanket were gone you'd see Bear Lake dressed in all her blues. I don't know how many times I've crested this hill and been awestruck. One of these upcoming summer nights I'm going to get my tripod out when the moon is full and poise myself at the top of Sun Rise Peak, get my Nikon ready to fire and capture a still shot that will make any spitless man drool . . . . . when that big round white ball hangs just above the lake, it's a shimmering sight to behold! Well, it doesn't matter what time of day you catch a glimpse of this panoramic vista, it is a scene that has a serious drug like effect on me. I think Bear Lake is quite simply my drug of choice, because I literally get high every time I look at her. I love Bear Lake and that's no secret!
2 comments:
Beautiful Shot Faye! Gorgeous!
mom!! way cool shot!! :D that is beautiful!
Post a Comment