Friday, February 13, 2009

I know I'm jumping the gun a little bit when it comes to the subject of 'Spring Cleaning' and here it's only the middle of February. (So sue me for sitting at my study window dreaming of days filled with more sun and a little warmth.) Is it just me or has winter gotten longer? Maybe I'm thinking of 'Spring Cleaning' because I still have Christmas crap sitting in my best living room waiting to be put into boxes and hauled to the basement. I'm a procrastinator of the worst kind. It' s nearly Valentine's Day and I haven't even dusted off my Valentine's wreath that should be hanging on the front door right now or taken the sled off my front porch (my symbolic winter decoration) and here I'm stuck on thoughts of spring and cleaning my house. Well, here are three products one should never be without!!! I go through "Windex with Vinegar" like I go through sugar! Favorite quote from the movie "Michael" "Just remember Sparky, you can never have too much sugar!" And so I'm telling you right now "Woman, you can never have to much Windex with Vinegar!" It's the greatest product ever made. I use it for everything from my walls to shinning up my tile in the bathroom. It's the best finger print remover I've ever come across and it doesn't streak your walls. I think I'd brush my teeth with it if it didn't taste so nasty! Just don't use it on glass and mirror's, it streaks. But "DO" use it on everything else! I could buy this product in gallons if they would just accommodate me and make it in gallons. I did find two quart bottles to refill my sprayer once at "Lowe's." This is a two year stockable item in my food storage and I keep one in every bathroom, the kitchen, as well as my laundry room. Next on the list of "Have to have's" . . . . . "Top Crest" window cleaner. This product does not streak and when it comes to windows, I simply hate "Windex!" Notice the cleaner is clear. After I noticed my white grout turning blue in Deserey's bathroom I stopped using blue cleaners! Blue Windex is really the worst window cleaner I've ever used, and since I'm seriously the 'White Tornadoes' blood daughter (a chip off the old block I might add) I simply won't buy 'Windex' glass window cleaner anymore! Last but not least, if you use anything on your precious wood besides "Guardsman" you are a buffoon! MaryAnn Jenkins taught me this valuable principle and I've been a fan ever since. Well, now you are prepared for when winter finally melts its way out of your life and you get the urge to 'Spring Clean!'

1 comment:

TheDooleys4 said...

How did you know I was cleaning my house like a bat out of hell?! (I must be getting ready for my soldier to come home.) Anyway, thanks for the pointers. I'll be heading to the store tomorrow to pick these up!
Thanks
Rachel