Tuesday, November 2, 2010

We Should Do This More Often!


When I'm working on pictures late at night on my computer, sometimes I stumble across the greatest finds of all time. Here it is, one photograph with lives etched in an era, frozen and framed for many generations to come.

So many things struck me when I found this photo. I laughed at the Blanch aurora that shines from within. The picture has a unique spirit about it. I laughed at both of the 'Scott's' on the back row. I laughed at their obvious lack of enthusiasm for photography. You should see a close up of their faces, just looking at them takes me back to all of their sarcastic comments as they stood for the click. It was obvious they were  being held hostage by a nagging spouse no doubt.

I loved looking at all the little kids in this picture. Taking the time to look over each small and innocent face fills my soul with complete satisfaction. Every one of these little people adds a giant serving of joy to life! Did I tell you they love going to great grandma's house together? You should see them energize each other.  The spark of childhood enthusiasm arcs back and forth between them giving way to gleeful laughter as they share in a serious bond of camaraderie. They love to run wild when they get to g-ma's. The great part is, they don't mind much stopping to have their picture taken. They're pretty happy people as long as you feed them.

My favorite part of the picture though are those little Christmas lights haphazardly strung above our heads. We never take them down now, we can't, somehow they have become a permanent fixture. Maybe it's the hidden ambiance they add to the old red brick home.

I love the faces in this picture. I love the people!  This is where my life began! This picture is something to treasure! And I know it's just going to grow more priceless over the years! I'm so glad we stopped for just a minute and captured the moment. We should do it more often!

Love you family of mine!

2 comments:

Corinne said...

I'm sad I'm not in that picture, because that means I was not there, which I hate :(
Seeing that picture brought back lots of memories of when we use to all gather at grandma's when I was little! So many great, great memories :)
Cute picture of everyone!!

NerdBird said...

Funny thing about memories. Good or bad, they remain with us forever. I remember thinking this isn't so fun working at grandmas vs playing like we did as kids (we could have used you Corinne) Looking at this photo brings back more than 1 memory, many memories like Corinne said, memories of family time. Memories and family; one in the same to me; you're all mine forever. Thanks & I heart you all!