I take a lot of pictures. I have boxes of photos taken with film, stored in my closet. I have photo albums galore lining the shelves in my study. I have an external hard drive that sits on the side of my desk filled with literally thousands of images.
My life has changed over to the computer era. My film camera now sits in my closet collecting dust. I shoot everything in digital. I practically live on my computer and I'm always transferring pictures from my camera to my computer, then onto my hard drive.
I hear it continually, the same advice, over and over again, "Back Up EVERYTHING." When you work from a computer, being told to back up everything is as common as being told to brush your teeth when you're a kid. Yes, you must do it every day, twice a day, three times a day if you are me and you want your computer to run fast and smooth.
A year ago my sister had a horrible fire. She lost her home and everything in it. Seeing the devastation first hand made me realize I can back up to infinity and beyond and it's not going to do me one bit of good if my house burns down and I'm not lucky enough to be standing outside with my external hard drive tight in my hands. I could always back up my photos to an off site server, but backing up as many photos as I take would be so time consuming.
Take a look at my next purchase.
Solo IoSafe! I am buying one of these come Monday! Why? It's fireproof and waterproof. Watch this.
I'm going to protect my work, my memories and any other important documents I keep on file. Want to know more? Check out Io Safe Solo, You'll be impressed.

No comments:
Post a Comment