Monday, November 15, 2010

Super Fan!


Here she is and it's official now. The other day at school Mr. Long, (Deserey's principle) called her into his office and handed her a t-shirt. "What's this," she quickly asked. That's when he launched into a dissertation on Deserey's school spirit, her enthusiasm, and all the great things she's been doing to foster everyone's excitement and support for the football team. Mr. Long told Des, "If anyone deserves to be officially crowned a "Super Fan," well Des, that's you!" He went on to tell her what a great student and leader she is and how much he likes working with her.

Des is indeed a super fan! She's painted so may paw prints on her face this season (a mark of her true devotion) I think she can do it in her sleep now. Each week the paw prints take a new path across her face, boldly declaring her love for the pack. This Friday she gets to paint the trail of all trails. I'm sure it's going to be good! I'll have my camera ready.

This week Fremont plays Bingham at the "U" for the game of all games. Des is pretty pumped she'll be standing in the bleachers front and center. She'll be wearing her Super Fan shirt. And when she goes home she'll have no voice left.

This is it, winner takes all! I'm thinking I'm going to go to the game as well. I don't want to miss David taking down Goliath. I'm going to go and root hard for the silver and the blue because I think just when Bingham isn't looking Fremont could actually turn and walk right off the field with the win! That's how it is when the underdog shows up united in an unstoppable spirit and Fremont has something this year they haven't had in a long time, it's called supreme determination.

Did I tell you Desi got herself a wolf hat for the upcoming event. It has ears, fur, and everything. Oh don't worry, I'll post a picture after she puts it on. I get such a kick out of her. I also get a kick out of the tabloids.  For the last three weeks the Silver Wolves have been predicted to lose. I'm happy to say, a lot of people were a little bit surprised when Fremont won the last three games. Most comments boardered around, "Who is Fremont?" So, heads up Bingham. This school might be little, but this is one student body that stands united. I hope they win. This is one team that deserve to win. And with all the super fans like Des, how can we lose. Cross your fingers everyone!

1 comment:

Gavin said...

So awesome Des I love it your war paint is so tribal it's rad....Go Silverwolves!!!!!