Tuesday, November 16, 2010
I NEED MORE SPACE!
The notice kept popping up every time I tried to add more pictures to my blog. "Whoops! You're out of space. You are using 100 percent of your 1 gigabyte quota for photos." Then in big bold blue letters "PURCHASE MORE SPACE!"
So I did. I paid five bucks for the entire year and bought 80 gigabytes of, 'whoop--- your you know what' space! Now I can post all the pictures I want with out some computer message driving me NUTS!
I'm in a bit of a fowl mood tonight! Well, I am a bird! I don't know why either. Ok, so I do know why. Despite the day though, despite the cause and effect, I got some things done I had been putting off forever. I even cleaned my pig-stye bathroom. I think I can actually stand to walk in it now. I spent the afternoon trimming bushes and clearing out leaves along with my head. It was productive and reflective work!
Late in the afternoon, Corbin came over and improved things. He and Kaedell stopped by. When it was time for them to leave, Corbin looked up at me and instantaneously started to cry. I tried to remind him about the rule at grandmas. I calmly said to him, "Corbin use your voice, you need to talk to me bud. You just need to ask for what ever it is you want. Remember Corbin, you don't start crying until after you ask and I say no, not before." You should have seen the look on his face when I said the "no" word. Suddenly, he sucked in his gut and swallowed the big lump in his throat, then he looked up at me and with a quivery voice said, "Grandma, can I stay and play." I thought he was going to pass out with anticipation waiting for my response. "Sure," I said all enthusiastic like. That' s when a serious grin broke out and consumed his face. LOL! That's how you make a five year old's day by the way, just say yes to whatever they want!
It's late now. Corbin has long gone home. I'm in my cave - my sanctuary. I'm tired. My head hurts and I'm wondering if my re-occuring sore throat is back. I'm glad today is over. I'm trying to reflect on the good that was fighting to break through. Hopefully I don't have to repeat this day for a long time. It's been a trying one. Such is life. Kelson reminded me of something, however, tonight he said, "Mom, I'm glad today is over too, I'm even happier no matter how bad today was, I have tomorrow to look forward to." Kelson is always an optimist! I'm glad he reminded me. I too am grateful for new days and new opportunities for change. Anne of Green Gables said, "Tomorrow is always fresh with no mistakes in it!" that's my favorite quote of all quotes. I am thankful! I'm thankful I can go to bed tonight and get up in the morning to a new day fresh with new opportunity.
Tonight however Google reminded me about the need for space. There is a great need for space in this life. I was in a mood to buy space tonight, I think it was symbolic. Today, along with the space I bought for my blog, I wish I could have paid five bucks and purchased 80 gigabytes of space to escape the part of life that every now and then wants to slam me to the ground. Well, it didn't completely get it's way.
Now all of you Crow's that have been trying to post your pictures of your month's activities, post away! We now have space galore! I love space! And three cheers for going to bed and rising up to a new day with new space in it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Gavin and I often say our favorite time of day is when the majority of it is over and we can get into our PJ's way too early and just have a little time to think. My house sometimes feels like it's becoming a disorganized storage unit, that is eternally shuffled to put the stuff I use most closer to my bed. 3 cheers for space is right!!!
Post a Comment