Friday, November 12, 2010

Beautiful begins With "K"


I'm working hard at learning better photography skills.
Right now I'm taking a class on "LIGHT."




It's a vast sea of learning. Some days I feel like I'm drowning. There's so much to understand, OCEANS! There's so much to remember. It's literally a larger subject than any body of water that covers the earth. Well, to me, it feels deep and wide, not to mention turbulent. It defiantly tosses me around some days.

My class is teaching me several things: What is light? Where does it come from? What is it's source. On and on. Wow! Let me write a book on that subject spiritually and photographically speaking.

Last night I came home from my class exuberant to retain it all. At my age I have come to love learning. My head was spinning. I was like a sponge all night, sucking it all in! After I got home, I came up to my cave and pulled up this picture. The light is so nice. It falls soft on my granddaughter's beautiful face as well as radiates from deep within her. I love the catch light in her eyes. Isn't she a doll! Beautiful really begins with a "K."

Saturday I get to practice what I'm learning. I can't wait! Practice. Yum! Today I'm paying more attention to light. Why do I have this sneaky suspicion looking for light is going to make my day go much better. Light and how it affects life . . . this topic amazes me with a camera in my hand or without. A subject for another day.

1 comment:

Papa Bird said...

Well, Faye I really admire you and your excitement about learning about light . AS you mentioned it is a subject that needs to be understood both with a camera and spiritually I would really like to have that disscussion with the Fam.at some time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!