
The word of the day for April 7th, is, nescience \NESH-uhn(t)s; NESH-ee-uhn(t)s\, noun: Meaning: Lack of knowledge or awareness; ignorance.
I discovered this at two in the morning when I couldn't sleep.
I think I'm probably the only person who looks at the "Word of the day" over on the right side of the blog. It's ok, I put it there for me. I love checking it at odd hours of the day --- like now.
I have a little notebook I keep by the side of my desk and when my life gets really boring I check out the word of the day. When a really good word pops up, I write it down in my book. How's that for exciting? What else is there to do at two in the morning? I can't vacuum.
Today's word is awesome and it took me at least ten minutes to figure out how to pronounce it. I think I figured out how to pronounce it. I hope I figured out how to pronounce it. So maybe I'm still wondering if I've figured out how to pronounce it. I think I may have some nescience relating to the pronunciation of this word.
You know what they say, "Ignorance is bliss."
I can't wait to use this one. Won't I sound intelligent and full of knowledge? Well, maybe for anyone who really doesn't know me.
Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment