Dad, these two recipe's are right up your alley. The first one is the
Costa Vida Sweet Pork Roast:
3-4lb Pork loin roast-Cover with dry rub consisting of:
2T Brown Sugar
1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Salt
1 can Coke
Place in crock pot and cook on low all night
The next morning add:
1 more can of Coke
1 cup Chicken Broth
2 Cloves minced Garlic
1 small Onion chopped.
Cook all day and then shred.
One hour before serving stir in:
1 cup Brown Sugar and more coke or chicken broth depending on how juicy you like it! Serve how you like-on sandwiches, over salad, etc.
I got this next recipe from Debbie Stanger(amazing cook) at one of our mini enrichment nights. I immediately thought of you dad when I found out what she was making.
Chicken Cutlets
Chicken THIGHS (you can buy boneless or the ones with the bone and take it out yourself. The ones with the bones are half the cost.)
Panko Breading (get this cheap ingredient only at Oriental Market in Roy)
Bisquick (Don't be cheap dad when it comes to this ingredient-Bisquick is better-it is time to make the switch from Krustez or whatever that gross pancake batter is that you buy. Get your Bisquick at Costco-it's cheaper there.)
Flour
Mix Bisquick with water to make a THIN batter. De-bone thighs (or buy boneless) and cut in half so you have two thin pieces. Dip chicken in Bisquick, then coat with flour, then coat with Panko Breading. Place in about 1-2 inches of vegetable oil-sorry don't try to be a little healthier and use olive oil because it will taste funny. Fry the chicken at 350 until it is a golden brown. It kind of looks like fried shrimp when it's done.
Sauce:
Ketsup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce. There are no exact measurements on the ingred. for the sauce. Just mix enough of each to your own liking.
Okay, there you go dad, I expect to see you testing these recipes out soon. Enjoy!
1 comment:
Wow Bug I have to admit that really looks great....Man just looking at it makes want to cook it now...I can see that it will be my next purchase...I'll cook and you can sample..Hows that??
Post a Comment