Today is normally the day I post regarding the biggest loser. Sorry I just didn't feel like it. Sometimes life throws you a curve ball. I had one slam me pretty hard the other day. Today though I'd like thank my real friends in life. The one's who really know and love me, the one's who came to my rescue, and picked me up out of the dirt. That's the funny thing about friends, it doesn't take long in life to know who they really are and weather or not they genuinely care about you.
The other day I had some pretty kind, caring, and compassionate people step up to the plate. I always know the people who excel in the genuine and compassionate department, it's evident in their actions. It's true "Actions always speak louder than words." So I just want to say, when all the pressures of life pile up and cause a catastrophic melt down, which I seem to be having with more frequency, I'm glad I have so many people in my life who honestly love me and are willing to run with the glue bottle and put me back together.
I've always been a person who likes to root for the underdog. But this clip really got to me after having the worst day ever. Don't ya just hate days like that? Thankfully today is a new day and I wanted to share this video so you can be uplifted as well.
After you watch the video, I want you to know that I agree emphatically with the judges that commented about how everyone in the audience clearly had it out for this lady, and it was obvious they were all waiting for a good laugh at her expense. Sometimes life is just like that and by in large we as humans can so often be mean and small. After watching it though I was grateful for the little wake up call. If this woman records this piece, I'll be first in line to buy it. It felt so good to see her triumph. And once again I am reminded, it's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice!
PS, I listened to Elaine Paige sing, remember she is Susan Boyle's idle. Then I shook my head and had a good laugh. Elaine Paige has nothing on Susan Boyle, save maybe a hairdo, she certainly doesn't have her individuality! Well, I'm a fan. I'm declaring myself a fan in the Susan Boyle fan club! And wow, she really did rock the audience!
So for everyone who emailed me and wanted the link to this video, I tried to post it but to no avail. When I try to post the link here it just re-posts the video. Duh, I should have known that. So I'll send it to everyone who ask me for it in an email. Thanks everyone too for your well wishes on my horrible bad no good day!
6 comments:
Wow!! I had heard about this clip but had not seen it until now.
That right there is where the saying, "don't judge a book by it's cover" must have came from.
Holy Cow that was awesome I thought only I could sing Le Mis like that! ha ha
I love it. I wanted to put the clip on my blog too but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Sorry you had a bad day.
that was weet! susan boyl rocks my world!
Loved this clip! Brought tears to my eyes.
WHAT A GREAT START TO MY DAY! LOVED IT, AND THE EYES ARE JUST ALITTLE TEARY!
Post a Comment