Friday, January 7, 2011

Top 10 in 2010!

Kyle and I were talking the other night about the past year and what we did or the places we went. We decided to put together our "top 10 for 2010". I thought it would be fun to see everyone's top 10 list. So, think about what you did, where you went, or what you accomplished in the year 2010 and post it. I would love to see everyone's significant moments for the year 2010.

This is what Kyle and I came up with:


After Christmas we took the crib down, cleaned out the kids' bedroom and purchased a set of bunk beds. It made it a lot more roomy and was certainly needed!


Corbin passed off his first piano book in February. He worked hard throughout the year and went through two more books by the time Christmas was here. I am proud of my little guy and hope this progress continues and that the enjoyment continues with it! Mom, I need to come over and go through your books. Corbin is ready to move up in piano!


A huge accomplishment for Eden in the spring of 2010--Potty Training! I was so happy when she finally pooped in the potty! I have been diaper free for 8 months and it has been great!


A big event for me was training and finishing my first half marathon. It was so fun! The training, the race, the finish line, everything! I seriously think it is something everyone should do at least once in their life. Time to get the big guns out and go for a full:)--maybe!


Corbin's Preschool Graduation was a big event for him. Way to go Corbin! Only like 13 more years to go and you will graduate from High School. Then, you can look forward to even more schooling after that! Isn't learning fun? You are one smart kid!


Corbin and Kyle started a bug collection. I can honestly say that this was one of my favorite things that we did this year. Everyone was on the lookout for cool and interesting bugs for Corbin's collection. We caught all sorts of creepy crawly insects. Thanks to those who helped contribute to Corbin's collection. He was thrilled anytime someone would call with a new bug they caught to give him. Here is 'Manny' the praying mantis.


'Larry' the creepiest spider EVER! Found by Grandma Faye at her house.


The one single insect Corbin waited all year to catch! I swear he asked me if I had seen a butterfly on a daily basis. It was the one insect that he wanted more than ever! I had watched and waited all summer long to see a Monarch Butterfly. By the time September came and went I had given up any hope of catching one of these beautiful creatures for Corbin's collection.


It was October 20th! Can you believe that? October, and I went out to let Bella out of her kennel. I turned to walk back in the house and out of the corner of my eye caught a glimpse of a fluttering object. "No Way!" I thought to myself as I walked in the direction of the movement. Sure enough, this butterfly flew off over the dying raspberry bushes and landed in the dirt near the sand box. My brain was going a million miles per second as I tried to think of a way to catch the butterfly without even touching it. I quietly stood there and watched the butterfly. My eyes not even blinking for fear that his little bug would get away from me. I decided then to quietly slip away, ran to the garage, grabbed the pool net and a mason jar, and tip-toed back to my precious find. Don't ask me how I did it, but I successfully caught this little creature without laying a finger on it! Corbin was at school. I had to wait the longest hour of my life for him to get home. His face was worth a million dollars when he saw what I had caught.


Corbin sat and watched that butterfly all day. He carried it around in the jar, put grass and a stick in there to make it more homey, and when I asked him if he wanted to add it to his collection of bugs, he said NO! His exact words were, "It's too beautiful to kill for my collection." We waited until Kyle came home from work. Corbin was so excited to show his dad that he finally found a butterfly. Before the sun set that night, we all walked out back and Corbin opened the jar. The butterly flew right into the light and stretched out it's wings. I couldn't help but take a hundred pictures to remember this day! I am convinced that I had a little help from above when catching this butterfly. And that maybe it was a little gift from an uncle Corbin has never even met. An uncle he was named after, and one that is remembered each year on this exact day--October 20th!


We went to Bear Lake with the Ellis family. A memorable trip for everyone! I think we should make it a tradition every year. It was so much fun!


Lake Powell is always a great vacation. The day it rained hard for about 10min was the best day ever! I think we counted about 13 waterfalls surrounding the houseboat. It was awesome!


Kyle finished his dive light. It is amazing! This has been a long process and I am so glad that it is done. We took it to Lake Powell and the boys had fun with it at night. Way to go Kyle! Can't wait to go to some place like Hawaii and go on a night dive.


Last but not least, Kyle surprised me for my birthday with tickets to go see Wicked in San Francisco. It was...wicked!!! I LOVED it! If you ever get the chance to go and see this amazing production, don't miss out! It is worth every penny!

So, there you have it! Our top ten for 2010! It was a great year filled with many happy and fun memories. I can't wait to see what is in store for 2011:)

2 comments:

Mother Bird said...

That post made me cry Kaedell! I loved it! I'll be working on my top ten list. Hope everyone else follows suit. I want to hear everybody's.
Also the day you caught the butterfly was your brother Corbin's birthday. Did you realize that? That brought on the water works. I don't think it was happen chance.
Well great post. Loved all the beautiful pictures!

Gavin said...

So awesome guys your 2010 was amazing ha ha I love the idea I will try and put ours together your kids are so dang cute.