Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Trick




If I want to learn something new involving anything Apple or in regards to my computer, I just call Gavin. He is my go to guy for the latest and greatest MAC technology. Of course Gage runs a close second in showing me all sorts of new bells and whistles in the technological world. In short it really is my children who keep me young and up to date on most everything from "Mom that outfit is so outdated" to "A . . . how come you aren't skyping today mom." Anytime I want to know something I just call one of my kids. I have finally arrived at the age where I don't know anything again!

Some might think this post is about Gavin selling his truck. He called me up yesterday and said, "Mom, can you pick me up at Lees Market?" then he told me he sold his truck. Oh, I don't know why but I immediately started to cry! Gavin had a smile on his face when the buyer drove away in his truck, and I was standing there balling. Nursing school isn't cheap. And while I was proud of Gavin for making an extremely wise decision, I was broken hearted he had to part with his really nice truck.

On the way home Gavin wisely told me, "It's just a truck mom, I'll get another one when I finish school. It's not a big deal." His great attitude about it all just made me cry harder. I must admit, hearing such wisdom filled me with a great sense of satisfaction for what kind of kids I have raised and maybe my parenting skills were better than I thought.

Well, I wish I were a millionaire. The first thing I'd do is pay for my children's educations. They pay their own way and I'm proud of them for the sacrifices they make to do so. But as a mother I see my children scrimp and cut back hard to make ends meet. School, saving for a home, or just rearing a family keeps many of them on a shoestring budget. I have an amazing bunch of kids and they really do inspire me every day. I'm so proud of every single one of them.

Now for the real reason for this post. Gav showed me how to make it from my iPhone! Glory be!!! Now I can post anywhere! 

Hahahaha I'm laughing. Look out!
PS. Good-bye nice shiny black truck in the background, you served Gavin and Caroline well! And kids, keep up the good work of inspiring dad and I, you're always great examples!

Sent from my iPhone

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good job Gav! Come over for a free meal, we'll support you while you're in school.