Monday, January 10, 2011

2010 Highlights Batch 2

When I get around to making my list of the top ten highlights of 2010 getting tickets to go see the "Lion King," is going to be a definite qualifier. And to think I almost lost the tickets!


I have taken up the new habit of misplacing things.  I was a frantic mess when the time drew near and I couldn't find the tickets.


How silly of me, they were right on my desk in an envelope entitled, "Stuff" A totally logical place doncha' think? The kids poked no end of fun at me. Then they insisted I take a picture so I wouldn't forget where I put them a second time.


Oh how I love the stage, and the only thing better than sitting in my awesome close up seats would have been standing on the stage wearing a costume. The Lion King is absolutely one of the best productions I have ever seen and watching Alison's face when the hyenas came down the isle was almost highlight number two for the year!


Grandpa and Spencer model their awesome hats!


Thanks everyone who treated Dad and I to this great show! That was definitely one of the best memories of 2010!


Kaedell, Em and the kids made a surprise visit to school on Desi's birthday.


My beautiful girls!


I can't believe my baby is 18! Happy Birthday Des!


Around this nest, funny faces are a standard!


From home, the boys took a night ride on their bikes clear across the mountain to the cabin. They were a little dirty upon arrival, but had a fun ride. Kyle is usually the instigator of these rides. Kudos for always planning fun things Kyle and for inviting everyone to join in!


I discovered a great place to take pictures with lots of natural light.


I discovered some really awesome subjects too! What a beautiful bunch!





And the beach was the perfect setting for the family in blue!





Loved this photo shoot!


In the summer months, I've taken up early morning strolls with my camera. There is always something beautiful to find. All you have to do is look!


I found this little message on one of my morning walks on the beach. Someone had left it for all to see. I think it must have taken the writer a long time to gather all those tiny seashells and make their statement known. I enjoyed seeing it, reading, it, feeling someone's spirit left behind. It made me wonder what message I am leaving for people to read. Let it be known, as for the Crowther family,"We were here!"


If you look hard you can barely see the second rainbow. Isn't nature grand!


Hunting for a place for Seth to get engaged. The fall colors were beautiful! Seth stopped and took my picture.


A photo session with Des.


Senior pics.


A Senior, (Sigh) You have grown into such a beautiful person Des! I'm going to cry like a baby when you walk down the in your cap and gown!



I wanted to capture technology at it's latest, not greatest. Wow, how times change. Getting my addresses off these old discs for Seth's wedding was quite a challenge! Only because I have left the world of PC and joined the world of MAC! No more floppies! That era is gone.


A cute picture of Rowdy before his untimely death!


As you can see I really tried to do everything in my power to keep him alive!


Home sweet home!





Thank you Des for designing your shoe after my 2010 motto!


My usual place in life and my favorite attire!


I took a painting class with Des, my rooster is coming along great. We did a black and white sketch. Now I'm working in color.


Des is working on a picture of Eden holding an apple. Laurie is our instructor. Someday I'd like to paint like her.


A fun walk home from Gma's


Hahahahah Gavin you crack me up! That is quite the stash! First rate I'd say!


During the summer this cute picture came to me in a text on my phone. I've loved it ever since. I want to go camping kiddies. Call me up, I'll bring my tent too!


One thing about being a Crow is we know how to have fun! Loved the first ever night flight Gav!


While Kaedell and Kyle were at "Wicked" we spent the weekend at the cabin and the beach!


Gavin loading up his bike.


More cabin fun.





Grandma loves Winston, and Winston loves Grandma!


Bath Time!


I always wanted to get to this post on the blog but it was late summer and things were crazy. Coming back from Powell, Gage couldn't hear. Kaedell to the rescue! After watching this whole process I'm not sure I'd sign up for it. It's an ear candle and it pulls the wax from your ear. Does it work? I should post the picture I have of the big heaping pile of wax that came out of Gage's ear.





The candle burns right down next to your head before you blow it out. S C A R R Y! You were very brave Gage to let Kaedell perform such a procedure on you!


A reminder of how we traveled home from Lake Powell this year! NOT FUN!


After Man With A Drill got an iPhone for Father's Day, a definite position in life was established! Horizontal on the couch with phone in hand, that's where you could always find him once he arrived home from work. Thank goodness this is a stage that has worn off!


One of these days I'm going to post every expression I have ever captured on film of Doodle Bug and her facial antics. Here we are at the Dinosaur park for her Birthday. She wasn't quite sure about the dinosaurs that made noise.


Seth and his eternal pumpkin carving partner. 2010 was an awesome year for Seth!


Stay tuned, more of 2010 coming.

3 comments:

Gavin said...

awesome pictures mom loved them

Goose said...

Love these posts with lots of pics, keep em comin madre!

Unknown said...

Cute Pictures! Lion King was a highlight for us! The kids still talk about it! I want that cute picture of you mom in purple. Add it to my file you are putting together :-)