Thursday, January 13, 2011

All My Boys


I have five boys! I know you can only count four of them in the picture, that's because my third son is only visible with the heart. But if you look close at the picture there's a spiritual space where he's standing, and the funny thing is, I can see him there today!

I work on my blog late at night and early in the morning when most humans sleep. The house is calm and quiet, a piece filled invitational atmosphere for the spirit to settle in and rest awhile. When I pulled this picture up I was gently moved and I could suddenly feel Corbin standing there in the frame. I felt his spiritual presence. You can call me crazy but anyone who is the least bit familiar with the spiritual nature of God and the blessings of knowing this life does not end here in this mortal sphere, knows I'm not crazy at all.

Upon feeling his magnificent spiritual presence, my eyes were drawn to the small space in the frame and believe it or not right where that small space aligns, also happens to be right where Corbin falls in the birth order. And given the magnitude of that moment, the supreme blessing of the day, I know he stepped into the frame just as the camera shutter fell. A camera records light. And if you look you can see the light of his eternal soul, right there between Gavin and Gage, right where he belongs, and his arms are stretched wide on both sides as he stands embracing the union of a mom and all of her boys.

This photograph was taken at Seth's wedding and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt all of my children were present in the temple. And I'm laughing right now because as we stepped out of the temple for a pictorial celebration, he wanted me to know he was there, spiritually present and counted for in every way . . .even in a picture.

You see I am a mother to five boys, five of the greatest young men you could ever give birth to, and my relationship with each one with them is knitted in the tightest pattern any heart could ever weave. And while my third son might feel absent to many, he is not absent to me. Heaven is a lot closer to this earth than most people think.

I'm going to frame this picture and put it on my desk, it's a keeper. I love my boys with every fiber of my heart and soul! They are so good to me. I am so proud of them! And now I have a picture of them all! All of them, all my boys embraced together in one frame!

3 comments:

Gavin said...

awesome...it was an amazing day!

Papa Bird said...

Great insight Faye, I can see that space you are talking about, and I'm sure Corbin would want to share that moment with his Fam......

Goose said...

Great post madre, sweet picture!