Monday, January 10, 2011

The Greatest Piece Of Mail In 2010




Sometimes little things in life present themselves in such a surpriseful way that when they land they deliver a sudden jolt of unmeasurable lasting joy that tickles the soul clear through! The other day I had one such surprise. It came in the mail, and every time I open it up and look at it, happiness over takes me!

Garth and Anne Marie are artists. They are also related to us. Garth and Man With A Drill are cousins. To say I am an avid fan of their work, is an understatement. Ann Marie painted my family and it hangs in my family room. It is one of my most prized earthly possessions! I treasure it everyday! Their work is beautiful and known to many. Ann Marie has been featured many times in the Ensign. Some of the books she has illustrated are, "A Mother's Love," and "The Daffodile Principle." Garth, her husband is a phenomenal landscape artist. One of his works, a 40 x 70 oil on canvas entitled Wyoming's Grand Tetons, is featured in "Southwest Art Magazine. His paintings hang in banks, corporate offices, and private collections in cities throughout the United States.

Man With A Drill intelligently traded some work for a painting and for years now Garth and Anne Marie have been waiting for us to choose a picture.  I am the product of indecision! To be able to have another painting from these great people is a chance of a lifetime and every time Glade and I try to choose, we come down with a huge case of nerve wracking indecision. This month we're choosing. Pray for us! And a great big thank you to Garth and Anne Marie, for their patience with us indecisive birds!

No comments: