Sunday, January 2, 2011
Life Pictured
Ever wonder where a year will take you? In an effort to become a better photographer I decided to embark upon a journey. I'm a little nervous if you want to know the truth. And in weak moments I ask myself, "What have I done?" Still all the same I'm excited to see what my efforts produce one year from now. You can visit my visual journey by clicking on the "Life Pictured" button on the right.
I'm going to attempt to take ONE, yes, I said just ONE photograph that encompasses my day. For one year, everyday I will take one picture, in one attempt to remember my life. And I'm leaving the boundaries wide open on this; on any given day who knows what moment I'll choose to frame, undoubtedly something that touches me personally, and in what way I cannot say. I'm going to be as surprised 365 days from now as anyone. Creativity awaits me. She lies hidden in the epiphanies of each new morning and waits for me in new places till the sun goes down. And so I look forward to the challenge of finding her and when I look back at the year I hope she sparks emotion in my heart and fills my memories with the sweetest joy life knows and when she bids me farewell I hope she leaves me in a comfortable place where contentment can rest easy in me as I look back at the visual journey my path has taken.
You know what this means? I'll be packin' my Nikon everywhere ---I methodically wrap my heart around my lens! Dress in your best Life and smile big at me . . . I'm going to take your picture!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I did this for the whole year in 2009. 365 pictures and then I made a scrapbook page for each week with journaling about each day. It was a TON of work. I will have to show you my book when I get in printed. It will certainly be a lifelong treasure for me and my children! Happy picture taking:)
Post a Comment